Family Message Forum

Welcome to Our Lancashire Appleton Family Message Forum. You can leave messages or questions here for members of the family. Come back frequently to check for answers and new messages.

Family Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Canadian Appleton headed to the UK

Hi all. I'm just posting this message because when I found out that Appleton's were from Lancashire, it spiked my interest. One thing led to another and despite living in Canada I found myself applying to the University of Central Lancashire. I guess what I really want to know is if there's anyone still living in the area. You'll most likely be a rather distant relative but I think it'd be cool to get in touch, especially because I might be headed over there in the fall.

Cheers,
~Kristy

Location British Columbia, Canada

Re: Canadian Appleton headed to the UK

Hi Kristy,

Nice to hear from you, I believe you are the daughter of Nadine Appleton and I can confirm you do have second cousins living in Lancashire, they are all descendants of Joseph Appleton (1886-1961) the older brother of your Great grandfather James (Jimmy)(1891-1956)

You also have more second cousins living around Nottingham, the descendants of William Appleton the oldest brother (1872-1940). My late wife Christine was among this family.

I shall have to arrange visits to introduce you to everyone and to take you to Appleton Village in Lancashire where the family originate back in the 1400's.

By the way my son Jon went to University in Lancaster so he will be able to fill you in on all the student haunts.

Looking forward to meeting you in the autumn.
Please contact me by email.

Best Wishes,

Brian

Location Nottingham, UK

Re: Canadian Appleton headed to the UK

So, I've been accepted to the University of Central Lancashire but it's still not a guarantee that I will be heading there for school. I'm having a hard time convincing my dad because it is more expensive going to school and living as an international student than in your own country. I have my fingers crossed that I'll receive a number of scholarships and bursaries and be able to convince my dad to let me go.
Just thought I'd let you know what's up.
Cheers,
Kristy

Location British Columbia, Canada