Family Message Forum

Welcome to Our Lancashire Appleton Family Message Forum. You can leave messages or questions here for members of the family. Come back frequently to check for answers and new messages.

Family Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Searching for lost family
Hi. My name is Robin Gordon. I was born in New York on September 7th, 1982. I found this site by searching for my blood father, Hugh Gesher. He was bord in either 1949 or 1950 or so. He has lived in Illinois, New York, Mexico, and Texas. I was the product of his seco...
Views: 880   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 10, 2012 8:36pm
by Hugh Gesher
Adam Hiscock and Mary Maslen
Hello, Have been trying to trace Adam Hiscock for many years. The Adam I am looking for married a ? Maslin (maybe spelling is incorrect) They arrived in Australia - Adelaide around 1840. Their daughter ELIZABETH B.1842 m. Henry Rumsey Turner in 1858 in Victoria. Can...
Views: 1305   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 26, 2011 11:15pm
by John Hiscock
Henry Appleton
I have a Henry Appleton, born c 1798 or 1799. Many family researchers have him as the son of Peter Appleton of Clewer, Berkshire. I think he may be the son of Samuel and Ellen Appleton, of Lancashire. My Henry married an Ann or Margaret Ann Harrison. I believe their...
Views: 603   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 2, 2011 11:33am
by Narelle
Getting In Contact
Hi there, My name is Haley Littlewood (Haley Appleton). I am a 19-year-old Kiwi living in the Waikato District of New Zealand. My father was adopted into the Littlewood family when he was a baby. He and my mother have been doing a lot of family research recently and...
Views: 406   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 18, 2010 2:56am
by Haley Littlewood
Thomas Appleton of Turton
I am looking for early links for Thomas Appleton born abt 1796 in Manchester, in 1841 he was a Banker living in Turton north of Bolton, in 1851 he was a Calico Bleacher (mill owner)he died on September 27th 1870, his wife was Ann and they had 5 children, Mary, Elizab...
Views: 380   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 6, 2010 4:03pm
by Tim Burdett
Appleton Family in Cheshire
Does anyone have any tree information which links the Lancashire Appletons to the Cheshire Appletons form the Northwich area.
Views: 392   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 6, 2010 3:55pm
by Tim Burdett
James Appleton
I have a handwritten note referring to James Appleton a merchant of Liverpool, he lived and died in the 16th century. His wife was called Sarah who died in Smedley Oct 17th 1781 aged 60, they had a son Thomas who died Aug 31st 1763 aged 14, a son William who died Nov...
Views: 357   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 6, 2010 3:53pm
by Tim Burdett
Thomas Appleton
I am looking for information relating to; Thomas Appleton who died Q4 1903 in Sutton, I have a press cutting which states his mother lived to be 101. I have traced Thomas through the 1841 - 1901 census but cannot get the link to his parents. His wife was Elizabeth...
Views: 314   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 6, 2010 3:47pm
by Tim Burdett
Canadian Appleton headed to the UK
Hi all. I'm just posting this message because when I found out that Appleton's were from Lancashire, it spiked my interest. One thing led to another and despite living in Canada I found myself applying to the University of Central Lancashire. I guess what I really wa...
Views: 395   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 1, 2010 1:46am
by Kristy Clark
david swanborough
Hi, it's been a long time since i wrote. We had another son David Farrow Swanborough in 2001. regards bruce Swanborough
Views: 577   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 4, 2009 11:05pm
by Brian Taylor
APPLETONS
Hi My maiden name is Mary Appleton and I was born near Middlesbrough. I have traced my father's family back to 1841 - one Thomas Appleton aged 40 living in Cronton village, Prescot. I am sure that Appleton Village is the "old ancestral home". Must visit sometime....
Views: 455   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 6, 2009 9:37pm
by Mary Whitaker ne...
Lewis Swansbury
My gt gt gt grandmother was Hannah Swansbury bap 08.11.1818 Foxcote with Shoscombe daughter of Lewis and Hester Swansbury of Wellow, Labourer. Is this a missing daughter as she doesn't seem to be on the tree as children of Lewis and Hester Swansbury, (Swanborough) M...
Views: 478   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 13, 2008 3:37pm
by Jean Carter
The Banner Family of Appleton c 1820
Good afternoon Can someone please tell me which church parish register I should consult for an ancestor born at Appleton 1824? It seems that Farnworth registers cease in the late 1700's. I am tracing the Banner family from Appleton. Many thanks R Greenaway
Views: 471   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 4, 2008 6:42pm
by Brian Taylor
Ernest John swanborough (1880-1916)
Hi Have been tracking down some of the people on this site and came across an entry on the Commonwealth War Graves Commission site that stated Ernest was awarded the Distinguished Conduct Medal. Checking Ancestry.co.uk I was able to find that this was given on 14...
Views: 634   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 4, 2008 6:02pm
by Brian Taylor
Appleton Village Widnes Lancashire
Heelo One of my Rellies Jonathan Wade was a Stonemason and Publican in the 1871 census - living at The Crown Inn Appleton, or Appletow (cant quite make it out) Civil Parish: Widnes Ecclesiastical parish: Farnworth St Luke, Ref RG10/3857 Folio: 112 Page: 8 Do...
Views: 790   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 10, 2008 1:35am
by Sue Twigg
Seth Appleton
I am trying to find descendants of a Seth Appleton and Moira. All I know is that they definately had two sons, they were all in a car crash but Moira was the only one that died, she was 29. Moira is the cousin of my Grandad and I am wondering if any family photos w...
Views: 506   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 3, 2008 1:46pm
by Roy Organ
lost rellies and family tree
Hi can any one help me seaching for relatives past or present of Mathew Appleton born 1893 Wigan married Mary Wood 1916 Ince in Makersfield Parish Church address at time of marriage was Belle Green Lane father of Mathew was Samuel b1853 and Ann Horracks born 1852 Inc...
Views: 574   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 12, 2008 1:12pm
by mrs val brown
tracing relatives
Hy can any one help Iam trying to do my family tree and would be greatful if any one can help I am trying to trace any family past or presant of Mathew Appleton b1893 Wigan married Mary Wood 1916 Parish Church Ince in Makerfield resident at the time Belle Green Lan...
Views: 565   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 12, 2008 12:47pm
by mrs val brown
Adding data
I have quite a bit of information about the descendants of Joseph Ampbose Appleton (I am one of them). I have not collated family trees before and I can see it could be very time consuming just organising the data. My question is do you have special software to help...
Views: 523   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 4, 2008 9:03pm
by Brian Taylor
Appleton's of Liverpool
Hello I am looking for any information or help on the following: Edwin Appleton - from his baptism his father was John and mother Elizabeth. He was baptised 04/09/1817 at St Johns Old Haymarket, Liverpool, Lancashire, England. Edwin married Elizabeth Toombs at St...
Views: 618   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 30, 2007 7:06pm
by Marcelle
Appleton interest - St Helens 1800s
Hi there I have an Appleton interest in St Helens, can't see a link but hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction. Mary Appleton married Joseph Fairhurst in St Helens 1 Sep 1847. Mary's father was John Appleton. I've found a baptism I'm assu...
Views: 583   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 12, 2007 9:59pm
by Brian Taylor
Harding's row, Simpkin
Hi I did a google search on Hardings row, wich brought up your family page, My family were living there in 1861 at no 107 Thomas Simpkin & Ann Rothwell there daughter b 1870 married your John Thomas Marsh, Do you have anyother information on hardings row? Many T...
Views: 585   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 9, 2007 12:10am
by Brian Taylor
Simpkin
Sorry missed out a name Annie Simpkin b1870
Views: 517   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 28, 2007 11:33am
by Anthony Simpkin
Link
Hello Brian, I think I'm linked to your tree through the Threlfalls. My grandmother was a Jane Threlfall b 1874, Eccleston who married my grandfather William Bamber. Her father was William Threlfall b 1846; his father was Richard, b 1820 and his father was James...
Views: 574   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 22, 2007 12:00am
by Brian Taylor
More to add if you want...
I was searching my husbands family and found this site. My Husband is Jared McCollister son of Jesse and Linda. I am absolutly amazed at how much history you have and that I am in fact a (very) small part of that. Anyway I thought you might like to add me and our son...
Views: 1343   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 30, 2006 1:25pm
by Tiffany McCollis...
Lewis / Cowdrey
Hi Brian I know we have chatted before over e-mails but I thought I'd just drop the Lewis name into your forum in case any other interested parties should browse it and wonder if there are any more Lewis' out there. Thanks for a superb site!! Mark
Views: 672   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 27, 2006 12:42pm
by Mark Fiander-Lew...
Askern Family
I have noted that you have a reference to the marriage of Robert Lunn Askern and Elizabeth Pitt They were my grandparents and I am the son of their youngest son John. I am happy to provide updated infomrastiom on the Askern family if you wish.
Views: 789   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 20, 2006 2:19pm
by Brian Taylor
thomas glover nelson watch maker
great web site!!! just looked you up on google -see that you have glover family of rainhill prescot lancs - my thomas glover nelson was the son of ann glover 1771 and robert nelson.1771 watchmaker of rainhill prescot lancs- i wonder if we are related. i would lo...
Views: 704   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 11, 2006 2:31pm
by Brian Taylor
harworth brass/willaim appleton
hi, i do hope that you can help us! i am the secretary of Harworth Brass band and i am trying to find out our history. i believe that willaim appleton, born 1872 founded our band, please can you help with any information at all on this. harworth brass band, after al...
Views: 655   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 10, 2006 1:54pm
by Brian Taylor
definite link
Hello, I think I have a definite link between the Appletons and my own family tree of Corless. Will post more when 100% positive. David.
Views: 708   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 2, 2006 1:10pm
by Brian Taylor
Re: Marriage James Appleton/ Martha Burrows 1830, Huyton
Don't know whether you realise that James was Martha Burrows' second husband? She was born Martha Rose and married James Burrows at St. Luke's, Farnworth on 17/2/1817. I am descended from Martha via her son Thomas Burrows, born circa 1826. James Burrows must have die...
Views: 690   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 2, 2006 1:06pm
by Brian Taylor
Appletons in St.Helens
My Grandmother born in September 1905 was Emily Ethel Appleton, she lived at the top of Croppers Hill nr Prescot Road St.Helens. She was one of 9 children I think some of their names where Jack (John), Thomas, Edith, Gertrude, Edward. This was a very musical family...
Views: 811   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 23, 2005 6:48pm
by Mike Arnold
Woodroffes
Hi I have been looking at your family tree and found it really interesting. My husband and I have been looking into the Appleton family tree along with our nephew Philip Hudson. Your Appleton family seem to coincide with the times and places of ours. On looking at...
Views: 613   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 11, 2005 8:55pm
by Mark Hillier
Colerne Tanner's
I am Researching my family tree and noticed several Tanner families in your list however as i am not that far back yet i was wonering if u had any info on grandchildren of the Tanners you have mentioned Andy
Views: 642   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 13, 2005 9:04am
by Andrew Collins
Direct family link????????
My name is Sarah Appleton (1980) daughter of David Appleton (1942ish) great granddaughter of Albert Appleton (1900). I am trying to trace my family tree and have heard my father talk of lancashire and a place called Appleton. I was wondering if you could help me out?...
Views: 701   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 18, 2005 4:21pm
by Brian Taylor
dd on to my message
I dont know if this is any help but my grandmother (Beatrice May Appleton's) mother,lastname Foot had a horse and carraige accent and had both legs removed.
Views: 619   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 17, 2005 7:16pm
by sarah appleton
William Heath
What evidence do you have to support your claim that William Heath was born at Fenton, Stafforshire, England, in 1846? This is the same William Heath whom it is 'claimed' was the sole survivor of Custer's Last Stand. Peter Russell
Views: 564   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 9, 2005 3:48pm
by Brian Taylor
peter andrew appleton/bella ballard bull(and descendants)
Hello and seasons greetings! I have been researching my family tree since the death of my grandad in september 2004. You can imagine the excitement i felt when i learnt about your site from a contact at "genesreunited". I let my auntie and uncle(valerie and lucas...
Views: 757   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 12, 2004 9:13pm
by Gregg Morrison
hagenwald
Hello! I found this site in the internet when I was searching on my sons name: Dennis Hagenwald. It was fun to se that there are more people whith the name Hagenwald. Could we be related?? Sincerely Anna in Sweden
Views: 571   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 12, 2004 8:46am
by anna hagenwald
APPLETON FAMILY TREE
HELLO, MY NAME IS SEANNA APPLETON MY FATHER US CALLED MIKE APPLETON MY GRAND FATHER WILLIAM APPLETON. MY DAD IS FROM SOUTH WALES BUT I DO NOT KNOW WHERE MY GRAND FATHER IS FROM. I THINK WE MAY BE PART OF THIS APPLETON FAMILY TREE. IF SO THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPL...
Views: 627   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 24, 2004 7:28pm
by sandy
WILLIAM APPLETON.
I have been searching for 'my' WILLIAM for almost a year and still have not found anything definite. He was born circa 1852 (death certificate states aged 81yrs. when he died in 1933, marriage certifictae states 20yrs. when he married in 1870.) He was born, I assume,...
Views: 735   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 24, 2004 7:23pm
by sandy
Maslen - Caudry
Greetings from Down Under, Congratulations on a fantastic website. My great great great grandmother was Sarah Maslen, daughter of Robert Maslen and Jane Caudry. Sarah was born in Sth Australia and later moved to Victoria with her family. Sarah married Francis...
Views: 597   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 23, 2004 9:05pm
by Nicole Murphy
Marriage of Martha Caudery and William King
I think I've got the Martha Caudery you have married to William King married to someone else! A George Ellis. The 1851 census (of 3 Allington Rd) shows Martha Ellis was born in about 1810 which is very close to the dob I have (from the IGI) of 31.12.1809. It also li...
Views: 514   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 14, 2004 11:45am
by Brian Taylor
J.R. Appleton, painter
I have discovered among the posessions of a deceased relative a landscape painting signed J.R.Appleton '48. Is there anyone who is familiar with this painter and/or is interestred in the painting? If you have any informations please contsact me at rrozanski@mn....
Views: 545   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 14, 2004 1:00pm
by Rob Rozanski
brass bands
i am doing a dissertation on local brass bands and would appreciate any information regarding this subject.Many of my queries regard the reasons that people chose to play an instrument, the implications this had on an industrial town and whether they could read music...
Views: 529   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 4, 2003 3:32pm
by Brian Taylor
Warrington Appletons
I am a decendant of Samuel Appleton (file cutter),who married Elizabeth Holt Liverpool July 1823. I think Samuel came from Warrington.My ancestry tree is, Samuel (b1802?),James (b 1845)in Rixton,(married Elizabeth Langhorn in Farnworth 1863),Arthur b1873, married Ma...
Views: 678   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 30, 2003 5:18am
by Brian Taylor
Robert Handel Appleton
I am researching my branch of the Handel family and came across your site through a Google search. Do you know where the "Handel" came from in Robert Handel Appleton? I am wondering if he is somehow related to my great uncle Robert Handel (b. 1891) who emigrated to C...
Views: 547   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 30, 2003 4:26am
by P Handel
Charles Appleton
My gggrandfather Charles Appleton was born in Leicistershire England around 1800 died in Melbourne Australia in 1873 he had 6 six children the first being Fredrick Charles in 1834 can any one help me
Views: 504   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 20, 2003 12:06am
by Brenda Richards
I'm Wondering....
Hello, My name is Tifany Richardson! I was wondering if you have any brothers or sisters and if so what are their names. I am trying to learn more about my family history! If you could please email me back it would be much appreciated! Thank you, Tifany Richardson
Views: 613   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 28, 2003 4:23pm
by Tifany Richardso...
Picton, Appleton and Brennan
Hello, my mother Lena Picton's family hailed from the same line as yours. The Appleton's married into the Brennan line. Does anyone out there know how we all link together or can someone help me with the Picton line? A hearty Lancashire thank you P.S. Congratul...
Views: 492   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 26, 2003 11:11pm
by Joseph Brennan
1 2
Free Forum powered by Bravenet