This forum is for the sole use of CRD users. ChristianSteven Software will not accept any responsibility for the contents.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Active Directory Log on for CRD Service

Does anyone know why the CRD Service will not run the scheduler in CRD when using am Active Directory Account?

The schedules will show up in the Queue but will not execute unless the service is a local Domain account

-Chris

Re: Active Directory Log on for CRD Service

Yes, AD logons can be used to run the service. The service has to be properly installed for the AD user from within CRD following the instructions in Demo 29 at http://www.christiansteven.com/crd/demos/crd_demos.htm and in the help file.

All the demonstration shows me is how to enter the info. I use the actual Windows Services console to manage this service instead of the CRD GUI. The problem is, is that when I add a AD User the scheduler does not execute the reports.

Also I opened the CRD GUI for the NT service and the old user name and password is set up already and it will not let me change the parameters. When I go to change then the OK button greys out so I cannot click on it after I make the changes.

Strange?

-Chris

If you use the windows GUI it won't work as you have discovered. If you install it in CRD as per the demo and the help file, it works.

You need to unistall the existing user by selecting None and applying that, and then install the new user following the instructions in the Help File.

Thanks that helped. Just changing to service log on was not enough. I had to remove the service and add it again using the AD user account.

Thanks again,

-Chris

spanish french german
italian japanese chinese
  korean  

User Forum

CRD