This forum is for the sole use of CRD users. ChristianSteven Software will not accept any responsibility for the contents.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: ERROR WHILE RUNNING CRD 6.5( LATEST BUILD )AT THE FIRST TIME

Hi,

Which Edition of Crystal Reports do you have installed? I last had this problem when I had the Professional Edition instead of the Developer or Advanced Edition CRD requires.

crystal v10 developper edition.
CRD 6.5 Latest build

is that has something to do with .net (3) that installed in this server ?

No it has nothing to do with .net 3. There are three possible reasons for this error:

1. You do not have CR developer or advanced edition installed - which you do.
2. You have not applied all the latest service packs and hotfixes for Crystal. Make sure you do this.
3. You have selected the wrong version of Crystal during the CRD installation. To fix this go to Windows Start-Programs-Christiansteven-CRD and run Change Crystal Version. Make sure you select your version of Crystal (CR10).

HTH

Thanks Stuart
however , I have checked all of the above but all settings are correct .
can it be something to do with insufficient user right ?
Does it something to do with the latest builds - since it is ruNning in the same configuration in my other customer sites(more than 5 of them)

Yes, it could be a user rights issue if CRD cannot read the registry information it needs to connect ot the Crystal components. But you should be installing Crystal & CRD as the local admin and not using TS or RD in order to avoid security issues. If it runs whilst you are logged in as local admin, but not as a normal user then its defintiely a user security issue.

I don't think its anything to do with the latest build as I am running the latest build here with no issues.

the problem was solved when installing a build from October .

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The issue has been resolved in build 20071211 which was released a few hours ago.

Please accept our apologies for the incovenience caused.

spanish french german
italian japanese chinese
  korean  

User Forum

CRD