This forum is for the sole use of CRD users. ChristianSteven Software will not accept any responsibility for the contents.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CRD with MAS 200

I'm very happy with CRD, but I have a question for maybe the development team and that is: I've set 25 differents reports to run in a package but the MAS database from which I pull data hosts several companies and every time CRD will run the report it prompts to MAS Company/Username/Password login; so I end up typing the same Company/Username/Password login 25 times.

I plan to increase the amount of reports that I will run with CRD but I want avoid this.

Am I missing something obvious or there's something wrong in the way I create the reports in Crystal.

Miguel

Re: CRD with MAS 200

In version 3.5, you cannot set logon credentials per report within a package. However, this has been resolved in Version 4.

This might also be a good time for you to download the latest V4 Beta (Beta 4) to test. It has some very exciting functionality that should, we think, make your day. Pick it up from www.christiansteven.com.

We expect to release this version in about 10 days time, and this will be an opportunity to iron out any problems you come accross or add any functionality you might require.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I'm very happy with CRD, but I have a question for maybe the development team and that is: I've set 25 differents reports to run in a package but the MAS database from which I pull data hosts several companies and every time CRD will run the report it prompts to MAS Company/Username/Password login; so I end up typing the same Company/Username/Password login 25 times.

I plan to increase the amount of reports that I will run with CRD but I want avoid this.

Am I missing something obvious or there's something wrong in the way I create the reports in Crystal.

Miguel

Re: Re: CRD with MAS 200

Thanks a lot for the info. But does version 4.0 allows me to store company and user / password for each report in a package?

One more thing, does it allow to store credentials for single reports too? If it does then I'll gladly download the beta .

Your support team is something some other software companies should learn from

Miguel

Re: Re: Re: CRD with MAS 200

Miguel,

We don't have any experience of MAS 200. By "company", do you mean server name, database name, or something else?

Certainly Server name and database name can be specified in CRD4. And, yes, you can do this for single report schedules too.

If what you require isn't covered in V4, please email me your phone number and I will call you to discuss further.

Thank you for the compliment.

Let me know how the test goes.

Replying to:

Thanks a lot for the info. But does version 4.0 allows me to store company and user / password for each report in a package?

One more thing, does it allow to store credentials for single reports too? If it does then I'll gladly download the beta .

Your support team is something some other software companies should learn from

Miguel

Re: Re: Re: Re: CRD with MAS 200

Hi:

Thanks for the reply. I did not check the forum for a few days but here you can see what I mean with company.

http://www.webnettrading.com/images/crd-image.jpg

Please let me know if it might be a way to include the company/user/password info in the report itself.

Thanks for your help.
Miguel

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CRD with MAS 200

What you need to do is to create a "silent " ODBC DSN, and then reselect location on your reports through this DSN.

Full instructions on how to do the above are available from http://www.christiansteven.com/CRD-MAS.zip

Let us know how you get on.

Replying to:

Hi:

Thanks for the reply. I did not check the forum for a few days but here you can see what I mean with company.

http://www.webnettrading.com/images/crd-image.jpg

Please let me know if it might be a way to include the company/user/password info in the report itself.

Thanks for your help.
Miguel

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CRD with MAS 200

Hi:

I will look into this. I greatly appreciate your help.
Will let you know when I finish

Regards,
Miguel

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CRD with MAS 200

I just downloaded the trial version and I'm experiencing the same issue that was mentioned with system prompting for company , username & password for MAS. I checked your instructions but on my system there is no icon in the control panel for ODBC or other specified icon.

Any ideas for help? The report is running fine but It's not worth the pain of typing in my credentials all the time.

Jim

What you need to do is to create a "silent " ODBC DSN, and then reselect location on your reports through this DSN.

Full instructions on how to do the above are available from http://www.christiansteven.com/CRD-MAS.zip

Your directions are not updated. I am using windows xp professional and i've found the area you are referring to in the control panel and worked through some of your instructions to the point of step # 14. Where you say to goto the Database Menu and select Set Location there is no selection other than Set Datasource Location. Upon selecting that option I do get a Set Datasource location box but there is no option as designated to "Click Set Location. The Choose SQL Table dialog box appears" in step #15 How should i Proceed?

I do have screen shots if needed, please email me.

Jim

We are not MAS experts, and the information was provided at the time this posting was first placed to suit the operating system and the version of MAS that that particular user was using at that time.

If you search in the support documents that MAS provide for your version and platform, you should find a document explaining how to create a silent ODBC connection. Alternatively, I would suggest that you speak to someone at MAS support and ask them how to create a silent ODBC connection given the version you have, and the platform you are running it on.

Once you have created a silent ODBC in the manner prescribed by MAS, CRD will stop prompting you.

Thanks for the references. If i get it to work I'll post my results and if requested I'll send you the screen shots/directions for the version that I'm under so someone else doesn't ask.

Sincerely,

Jim

Thanks. That will be great! Please post how you go it to work here. Send the instructions and screenshots to memberservices@christiansteven.com and we will add it to the knowledgebase.

I'm still working with MAS representative and have created a basic report with the silent driver as you originally stated but it's still prompting for the logon information. When i did enter the information to have the system generate a report it created a blank report that was not the one i had created in crystal.

Once you have created your silent ODBC, you then have to ensure that the report is accessing the database through this ODBC. You may need to "Reselect Location" for this to happen.

You need to ensure that all the credentials required are stored in the ODBC, and to take out any credentials that you have stored in CRD (These are for connecting through native crystal connectivity, not ODBC).

Once done, make sure that you refresh the schedule in CRD so that the new report information is pulled through to CRD.

If you continue to get blank/wrong data, then either the report is not set to use the new ODBC or the ODBC is pointing to the wrong database - or is missing credentials.

spanish french german
italian japanese chinese
  korean  

User Forum

CRD