This forum is for the sole use of CRD users. ChristianSteven Software will not accept any responsibility for the contents.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ERRORS from CRD.EXE

Today, these errors were logged (from CRD.exe) in the Windows/Administrative Tools/Event Viewer:
========= #1 =============
Event Type: Information
Event Source: Application Popup
Event Category: None
Event ID: 26
Date: 1/22/2009
Time: 9:29:57 AM
User: N/A
Computer: SERM019
Description:
Application popup: crd.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x77fcb70b" referenced memory at "0x120f0586". The memory could not be "read".
========== #2 ==================
Event Type: Information
Event Source: Application Popup
Event Category: None
Event ID: 26
Date: 1/22/2009
Time: 5:54:00 AM
User: N/A
Computer: SERM019
Description:
Application popup: crd.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x77fcb70b" referenced memory at "0x11aa0586". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program

Click on OK to terminate the program

Re: ERRORS from CRD.EXE

Hi,

I've seen these errors before and they are usually related to missing or corrupt Crystal Runtimes - Download and install the Crystal Reports 2008 Runtime Package for the .NET Framework installer directly from Business Objects: http://resources.businessobjects.com/support/additional_downloads/runtime.asp

- Make sure CRD is not running before launching the installation and afterwards go to Start > All Programs > ChristianSteven Software > CRD > Change Crystal Version and select the version of Crystal Reports you have installed.

If you are on an earlier version you should send tech support a screen shot of your Crystal Reports, Help, About Crystal Reports screen and they can create new runtimes for you to download and install.

Let me know how it goes.

Paul

When you say 'earlier version' do you mean earlier version than Crystal Reports 2008?

Hi,

Yes, CR 11.5r2, CR 11, etc.

Paul

At this time we have Crystal Reports 8.5.0.217.
If this would be a Crystal error then I would expect that the error would appear for every Crystal report in CRD, but that is not the case: We have only 4 such logged errors in the Event Viewer: 11/26/08, 11/19/08, and 2 on 1/22/09. Additionally, we will be moving CRD to a new server and I expect these errors will disappear once we have the newest versions of both CRD and Crystal Reports installed. However, if the error persists then I will send these errors to CRD support again.

spanish french german
italian japanese chinese
  korean  

User Forum

CRD