This forum is for the sole use of CRD users. ChristianSteven Software will not accept any responsibility for the contents.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express

Hi,

I didn't have any issues with using SQL 2008 express for the back end of my CRD. Tech Support sent me a pdf that goes over the correct way to install it and it all worked fine the first time through. Basically if you are on the "file" system it is using MS Access as the file system. As you know Access is not the most reliable and effecient database. By moving to SQL it eliminates the task of having to compact the system files every so often to keep corruption at a minimum.

I would submit a support call and let them know what you are doing so they can send you the documents. Follow them step by step and you should be good to go.

Paul

We have put the CRD database on a full edition of SQL Server 2008, so we can back it up using SQL-Agent.
We use this isnstance for a number of other tasks, but I'm not sure if you coul djustify the license just for CRD? If using SQL 2008 Express, how are you going to run database level backups?

If it is just the CRD database that you are looking to backup, then we use the scheduled backup ability within CRD to do this.

If anything should go wrong we can just restore the backup via the 'restore system' in CRD.

spanish french german
italian japanese chinese
  korean  

User Forum

CRD