This forum is for the sole use of CRD users. ChristianSteven Software will not accept any responsibility for the contents.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CRD converts apostrophe in field name to double quotes

A report is created in Crystal Reports, runs fine, etc. When it is uploaded into a CRD single report schedule, CRD replaces the ' [apostrophe, single quote] in one of the field names with a " [double quote]. Naturally, this causes CRD to fail due to an invalid field name.

I was able to circumvent this error by creating a new variable and assigning the value of the field name to this new variable, but I was wondering if you'd encountered this error and/or have a fix ready or proposed/scheduled for a future patch?

Re: CRD converts apostrophe in field name to double quotes

This is not one we have been asked before. Thanks for letting us know.

I have asked the development team the question and will get back to you as soon as I have an answer.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

A report is created in Crystal Reports, runs fine, etc. When it is uploaded into a CRD single report schedule, CRD replaces the ' [apostrophe, single quote] in one of the field names with a " [double quote]. Naturally, this causes CRD to fail due to an invalid field name.

I was able to circumvent this error by creating a new variable and assigning the value of the field name to this new variable, but I was wondering if you'd encountered this error and/or have a fix ready or proposed/scheduled for a future patch?

Re: Re: CRD converts apostrophe in field name to double quotes

Thank for the response.

The field name with the apostrophe was referenced only in record selection criteria, and nowhere else. I don't have a need to use this particular field in the report's output, so I'm not sure if it will fail the same way.

spanish french german
italian japanese chinese
  korean  

User Forum

CRD