This forum is for the sole use of CRD users. ChristianSteven Software will not accept any responsibility for the contents.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Software won't load

I just installed the demo version 3.5 and am getting first and error saying that the class does not support automation [430]. Then if I click OK I get another popup saying that data source is invalid or corrupt and the a new data source will be installed. If I click OK here it goes back to the first message in an endless loop. The only way to shut it down is via task manager. I'm running Windows 2000 professional. I uninstalled the software, downloaded it again, and re-installed it with the same result. I am evaluating scheduling tools but I need a reply ASAP for this tool to be considered.

Re: Software won't load

Make sure that you download the full version (including .NET components).

Uninstall the application.

Delete the folder ... Program FilesCrystal Reports Distributor.

Make sure you are logged in as an administrator (Local will be OK) and have rights to add and modify the registry as well as add and modiify files locally on the machine.

Install the application.

Test it and let me know whether this resolvees your issue.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I just installed the demo version 3.5 and am getting first and error saying that the class does not support automation [430]. Then if I click OK I get another popup saying that data source is invalid or corrupt and the a new data source will be installed. If I click OK here it goes back to the first message in an endless loop. The only way to shut it down is via task manager. I'm running Windows 2000 professional. I uninstalled the software, downloaded it again, and re-installed it with the same result. I am evaluating scheduling tools but I need a reply ASAP for this tool to be considered.

Re: Re: Software won't load

I un-installed the program, removed the folder from program files, downloaded the trial version again (I was already using the one that includes the .net components), and re-installed but I'm getting the exact same errors. Any ideas?

Re: Re: Re: Software won't load

Have you tried this on any other machine in you Organisation? Also, make sure you have MDAC 2.7 installed on your machine

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I un-installed the program, removed the folder from program files, downloaded the trial version again (I was already using the one that includes the .net components), and re-installed but I'm getting the exact same errors. Any ideas?

spanish french german
italian japanese chinese
  korean  

User Forum

CRD