This forum is for the sole use of CRD users. ChristianSteven Software will not accept any responsibility for the contents.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Log on to server details

This has been added tpo the list of enhancements for the next version.

Thanks for putting it forward.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I know how to work around this (and i have allready adjusted the report and saved it a couple of times, each with a different ODBC-link. Whenever i change something in the report i will have to do this again). My point was more a suggestion to take with you in the development of future versions. I believe many people would want to run the same report at several servers without creating ODBC-instances for each report. A simple reference to the server in the program will be sufficient..

Replying to:

What you need to do is this:

Set up an ODBC source to the server. The ODBC stores the server information.

Open the reports and reselect location to the required tables through this ODBC source.

Delete any existing schedules and schedule the report afresh.

CRD is designed to work above the ODBC layer, so it uses the ODBC information to determine which server and default database to use.

Enter the username and password information as normal in the schedule.

Let me know if this helps.

Replying to:

In the current version it's possible to enter logon-details. The program expects the report to have the server-details included in the reports. We use several servers with the same report. Because of this, no servers are included in the crystal report file. It would be useful when the Connection-tab would have the ability to enter the server-information.

Re: Log on to server details

This is now in V4. You can download the latest Beta from the website.

Let us know your thoughts.

Replying to:

In the current version it's possible to enter logon-details. The program expects the report to have the server-details included in the reports. We use several servers with the same report. Because of this, no servers are included in the crystal report file. It would be useful when the Connection-tab would have the ability to enter the server-information.

spanish french german
italian japanese chinese
  korean  

User Forum

CRD