This forum is for the sole use of CRD users. ChristianSteven Software will not accept any responsibility for the contents.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lotus Notes And CRD

I am using the trial version of CRD, it has worked extremely well with reports that use ODBC, but I can not get it to work with the native lotus notes drivers. I have Crystal 8.5 Developer, Lotus Notes Client and CRD on the same machine. The Report runs fine in CR, but when scheduled in CRD I get the error message

"The database dll 'crdb_p2snote.dll' could not be loaded".

I can not find reference to this dll anywhere in Crystal Reports. The dll named in the error message is not a native dll, should it not be using p2snotes.dll

PS. swapping to ODBC is not an option.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Lotus Notes And CRD

The dll you are looking for is the native CR driver for notes. You need to ensure that it exists on the PC with CRD installed, and in the right place. The link below will take you to an article which explains all:

http://www.crystaldecisions.com/x-jump/CR9/downloads/lotus_domino.pdf

Let me know if this helps.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I am using the trial version of CRD, it has worked extremely well with reports that use ODBC, but I can not get it to work with the native lotus notes drivers. I have Crystal 8.5 Developer, Lotus Notes Client and CRD on the same machine. The Report runs fine in CR, but when scheduled in CRD I get the error message

I can not find reference to this dll anywhere in Crystal Reports. The dll named in the error message is not a native dll, should it not be using p2snotes.dll

Thanks in advance.

Re: Re: Lotus Notes And CRD

Thanks for the prompt reply.

It would appear that Seagate have changed the name of the Native Driver in CR9, as the native driver up to version 9 is called p2snote.dll and not crdb_p2snote.dll. The Nextpwd.dll and Lcppn201.dll are the same as before.

We have bought Version 9, but not implemented it just yet, but I have taken the Dll from a version 9 install, placed it in the c:program filescommon filescrystal

decisions2.0bin. and the reports now execute in CRD.

This has removed the main hurdle, and we should now purchase CRD. With the enhancements in V4 and the fact that Seagates pricing of Crystal Enterprise is extortionate

Replying to:

The dll you are looking for is the native CR driver for notes. You need to ensure that it exists on the PC with CRD installed, and in the right place. The link below will take you to an article which explains all:

http://www.crystaldecisions.com/x-jump/CR9/downloads/lotus_domino.pdf

Let me know if this helps.

Replying to:

Thanks in advance.

spanish french german
italian japanese chinese
  korean  

User Forum

CRD