This forum is for the sole use of CRD users. ChristianSteven Software will not accept any responsibility for the contents.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
blank report

From the FAQ/Other:

12. When I try to schedule a report it returns no records, but when I run it on the Same PC using Crystal it returns data.

Take away the "picture" element of the date formula and see if the formatting is what is causing the issue.

Can someone explain the answer to me? What does it mean to 'take away the "picture" element fo the date formula'? Also where I would do this in Crystal, I'm using 8.5.

Thank you,

tom snyder

Re: blank report

This particular report used a "picture" as a mask. A picture is a crystal element.

In CRD, if you go to Help - Support, you can register for support and then log a call with our helpdesk.

We can look at your particular report and progress from there.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

From the FAQ/Other:

12. When I try to schedule a report it returns no records, but when I run it on the Same PC using Crystal it returns data.

Take away the "picture" element of the date formula and see if the formatting is what is causing the issue.

Can someone explain the answer to me? What does it mean to 'take away the "picture" element fo the date formula'? Also where I would do this in Crystal, I'm using 8.5.

Thank you,

tom snyder

Re: Re: blank report

What is odd is that the date is printing on the report. What is not printing is all of the other fields, none of which has any masking (unless it is some defaulted value when Crystal was installed). The preview works fine, the fields are a mixture of string and numeric.

Is the support a valid option for someone who is on the limited time version?

Thanks,

tom snyder

Replying to:

This particular report used a "picture" as a mask. A picture is a crystal element.

In CRD, if you go to Help - Support, you can register for support and then log a call with our helpdesk.

Replying to:

From the FAQ/Other:

Thank you,

tom snyder

Re: Re: Re: blank report

Most odd. I don't think your problem is to do with masking then.

Yes, you get support as a trial user and it is FREE

Replying to:

What is odd is that the date is printing on the report. What is not printing is all of the other fields, none of which has any masking (unless it is some defaulted value when Crystal was installed). The preview works fine, the fields are a mixture of string and numeric.

Thanks,

tom snyder

Replying to:

Replying to:

From the FAQ/Other:

Thank you,

tom snyder

Re: Re: Re: Re: blank report

This is weird. Maybe I should have stated that this is a first time install of CRD and I was trying "Single Report" and "Daily". With that bit of information the report would appear to run but displayed as if there was no data.

What I did next was deleted the "Single Report" and set up the same Crystal Report using "New Package". This worked!

Next weird development, I deleted the "package" and went back to "Single Report" and it still runs. (All database access requires name and password which I filled out - the preview worked in every case).

This makes me wonder if there is some setting or internal parameter in CRD that was causing the problem. I have set up a new "Package" to run daily at a set time. I plan to let it run over the weekend. If I have time I might install CRD on another PC to see if the "error" is repeatable.

tom snyder

Replying to:

Most odd. I don't think your problem is to do with masking then.

Yes, you get support as a trial user and it is FREE

Replying to:

Thanks,

tom snyder

Replying to:

Replying to:

From the FAQ/Other:

Thank you,

tom snyder

spanish french german
italian japanese chinese
  korean  

User Forum

CRD