This forum is for the sole use of CRD users. ChristianSteven Software will not accept any responsibility for the contents.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Parameters do not populate

I installed today. Reports without parameters run fine. Reports with parameters in supreports when viewed in Crystal look good. When run through CRD there is no data. I am not getting any db errors. I am entering my db connection info for report and subreports and entering parameters for each subreport. Any clue? Help is appreciated.

Re: Parameters do not populate

Is it just the subreport data that is missing or all data in the report?

If it is just the subreport data that is missing, try all export formats e.g.
pdf, rtf, doc, etc.

Note that subreport data will not export for CSV export.  This is a
limitation of the Crystal runtime components.

Please check out the following doc re supported export features:

http://support.businessobjects.com/communityCS/TechnicalPapers/cr9_exportlimitations.pdf

Subreports are noted as one of the features not supported when exporting to

CSV.

The report is five subreport in add in five detail sections. The remainder of the report does not call the db. Just showing standard fields, date, time, company info. These fields do populate.

I will try a few more export options. Been trying only with PDF.

So the subreport info is coming through OK, but its the main report info that is not coming through?

sorry dave. not a good post on my part. main report uses only standard fields within crystal like test, print time, page number etc. This populates fine.

None of the subreport data comes through. One thing I can tell you is that my connection for the main report DID NOT work until I took out the server name and db name. I have tried doing the same on the subreports, but it does not seem to want to hold the setting (once i open it to see if the setting is saved the server name and db name are back in the fields).

I appreciate your time.

A pleasure to help a fellow user.

I am not sure that the problem is actually to do with CRD. I think it is to do with your ODBC connection. I have seen this before. Are you connecting to a SQL server database?

If so, check that the default database in the ODBC is not left as "Master" and is definitely set to the database you want to connect to. Also, if possible, use NT authentication or trusted connection in the ODBC. Then delete credentials and uncheck the option in CRD.

This fixed it for me. I have discovered that the CRD database credentials are for when you are using native Crystal connectivity (i.e. not through an ODBC connection). If you are using ODBC, then the ODBC driver does all the work - in terms of security and connectivity so that's where to look first.

GREAT POST. Will give it a try and let you know. Sounds like we are going in the right direction!

What edition of Crystal Reports are you using?

ver 10 advanced

spanish french german
italian japanese chinese
  korean  

User Forum

CRD