This forum is for the sole use of CRD users. ChristianSteven Software will not accept any responsibility for the contents.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CRD v.s. SMSS.EXE and CSRSS.EXE

After starting CRD the processes SMSS.EXE and CSRSS.EXE go from 0 to 30% CPU usage.
Together with the usage by two CRD processes (together approx. 70%)this makes the system so busy that from teh 8 scheduled reports in my test environment only 2 will run.
Has anyone got any idea?

Thanx,
Victor

Re: CRD v.s. SMSS.EXE and CSRSS.EXE

I suspect that if you leave CRD for long enough, the reports will complete generating. It all depends on the following:

- You need to ensure that you have the latest windows service packs.

- Also, you must absolutley have the latest patched up and "hotfixed" crystal components. If all else fails, send a screenshot of your Crystal Reports Help-About screen to memberservices@christiansteven.com and they will create you a bespoke installation of the CR dlls. They will only do it for CR Developer or Advanced (see pre-requisites document)

- Also, the way your reports are written will determine how much local resources are used, so check your report settings and other options in Crystal.

- If you are using the background application scheduler, then try switching to the NT service. Make sure that you do all your installation whilst logged on as a local administrator. Make sure that you have given the NT user all the rights described in the pre-requisites document.

- If you have switched on multi - threading, then switch it off. Clearly your PC cannot cope with the demand so go back to executing one report at a time.

- If you have multiple copies of CR installed on your PC, then uninstall them all - and any other CR related products, then re-install just CR Developer or Advanced.

- When installing CRD, make sure you shoose the correct version of CR when prompted. If you change your version of CR, you have to uninstall and re-install CRD and choose the new version.

Does any of this help?

Re: CRD v.s. SMSS.EXE and CSRSS.EXE

Thanks Tina,
The strange thing about is was CRD has worked perfectly.
Thinking about it, it did untill I extended my trial license.

Victor

spanish french german
italian japanese chinese
  korean  

User Forum

CRD