This forum is for the sole use of CRD users. ChristianSteven Software will not accept any responsibility for the contents.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Type Mismatch

Hi,

I am having a problem when adding new weekly single schedules. When I come to the end of the wizard process it comes up with a message saying 'Type Mismatch' and carries on sending me an error email every 15 seconds!

Everything was working fine and then it just started happening all of a sudden. The schedules still work ok but the error messages are really beginning to annoy me!

Hope someone can help!

Craig

Re: Type Mismatch

The error comes about because the parameter type does not match the database column type. Open the Crystal report and edit the parameter. Check the database type. If it is char or varchar, then set your parameter type to be string. If it is number, then set the parameter type to be number and so on.

Once you've done this to all your parameters, svae the report and run a schedule refresh.

The above solved the issue for me.

Hi Gemma,

Thanks for your help your solution has solved the problem. The problem is that the folder that the dodgy reports were stored in seems to have retained the Type Mismatch error. I have tried to delete the folder but it won't let me because it says it has schedules in it still.

The two that are remaining are the brown package report folders. I have tried deleting the contents of the packages so that they have not got any reports in them but I still can't delete the brown folders!

Any ideas?

Craig

Invisible Schedules

Go to the folder that the package is stored in so that the brown package is in the right-hand pane.

Right-click and select "delete". If it says that there are still reports in it, click OK and the package should disappear. If it doesn't, let me know the exact error message.

I am dealing with one of the support people at the moment on another matter and I can pass that error over for you and see what it means.

It does not come up with an error it simply will not let me delete it!

I had this one. Here's what to do:

Go to tools - system tools and run a "Compact System". It will only work if you have no schedulers running and if you have using Access 2000 or above installed on the PC. Then try deleting again before switching the scheduler back on.

Or, when this has failed, I have logged a support call and they have sent me instructions on getting the database file to them and they cleaned it out and re-indexed it for me and sent it back.

Hope the above helps.

Worked like a dream!

Thanks for your help!

spanish french german
italian japanese chinese
  korean  

User Forum

CRD