This forum is for the sole use of CRD users. ChristianSteven Software will not accept any responsibility for the contents.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Error Messages -21474667259

I have the evaluation copy of CRD. Everything was going well until yesterday.
Now no matter what I try to do I get both of these error messages:
"Operation must use an updateable query." &
"Could not delete from specified tables"
What have I done?

Re: Error Messages -21474667259

Sounds like the CRD database is corrupt. Hopefully you have been using the automated backup in System monitor to create backups. If not, all is not lost.

Simply right-click on crdlive.dat in the CRD folder and open with MS Access 2000 or above. Go to Tools - Database Utilities - Compact and Repair. Compact this about two or three times. Restart the PC and all should be well.

To avoid this in the future, there are three things that CRD has in it to help:

1. Go to Options - Housekeeping and check the Auto compact and repair option. This wil compact and repair the database daily at the time you specify.

2. Go to System Monitor - System Backup Schedule and schedule a backup daily. The back up backs up the schedule database and al other related files required to restore CRD on a completely different PC if necessary. I would recomend you back up daily.

3. Migrate the database to a Local SQL installation or to a remote SQL server. To do this, go to Tools - System Tols - System and select the migration option you require.

The CRD database is not inherently unstable. I have over 2000 reports running on it. But because it is an Access database it comes with all the faults of Access which includes regular corruption. The corruption happens if the scheduler is polling at the same time as you are entering in new schedules. (I expect your polling period is every 30 seconds so this puts quite a strain on the Acess database). I got around the issue by simply switching off the scheduler every time I wanted to add stuff to CRD and then switching it back on again when I was done.

Hope the above helps.

spanish french german
italian japanese chinese
  korean  

User Forum

CRD