This forum is for the sole use of CRD users. ChristianSteven Software will not accept any responsibility for the contents.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Upgrade from CRD 4.5.0.0 to 5.5

We are in the process to upgrade from 4.5.0.0 Build 20040604/90 to version 5.5 Build 20050411/90.
My question is if we can install new version on the top of the old, and if our reports and packages will be available and not deleted after upgrade.

Please advise what is the best way to go.

Thanks...

Re: Upgrade from CRD 4.5.0.0 to 5.5

Hi Mark,

First you have to install V5 on the same PC as 4.5. The two are totally independent to 4.5 won't stop working.

Now start V5 and set up your email, etc in Options. Write a dummy schedule and test to make sure that all is OK.

Now you migrate the schedules from V4 to V5. Before doing this, switch off the V5 scheduler.

Import the V4 schedules by going to Start - Programs - ChristianSteven - CRD5 - Migration wizard.

When the migration is complete, V4 will still continue to be working. The wizard doesn't wipe the schedules from V4.

Open V5 and check all the schedules manually to make sure that all the settings are correct and any blank fields that are new in V5 are filled in, checked, unchecked etc.

When you are happy with V5, then switch off the V4 scheduler.

If you are using a single installation schedule, then at this point read http://www.christiansteven.com/crd/members/sils.htm to deactivate V4 and activate V5.

If you are on Enterprise or above, then ignore tha above and just activate V5.

At a later date, when you are happy with everything, uninstall V4. But remember that V5 shares some V4 dlls, so you should re-install V5 over itself after you have uninstalled V4.

After you are on V5, all builds of V5 just install over themselves without loss of schedules just like V4 used to do.

Hope you find the above process useful.

John,
Thank you for quick response.
Problem is I can not find Migration Wizard.
We are running 4.5.0.0 for more then a year. I am new to CRD (just took over from some body else, person quit our company).
Is it possible that we do not installed or do not have Migration Wizard?
Also I was thinking that I can make Backup from 4.5 and restore in V5? But I cannot find option in V5 for restore from backup.

Thanks...MarkM

V5 will not read any of V4's data files at all. That is why you have to migrate using the provided wizard. There is an option in V5 to restore (Tools - System - Restore), but it will not restore V4 schedules.

You should go to the Member Area and download the latest V5 build from there. It seems that your previous install did not install correctly, or you are logged into a different account to the person who installed so you cannot see the shortcuts that were created.

This document may also be helpful: http://www.christiansteven.com/crd5releasepath.htm

spanish french german
italian japanese chinese
  korean  

User Forum

CRD