This forum is for the sole use of CRD users. ChristianSteven Software will not accept any responsibility for the contents.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
why can't i use a long filename

hi,

how come i can't specify a long filename? i was specifying a long filenamebut CRD has a limit on it which is kinda small for a valid windows filename.

ann

Re: why can't i use a long filename

What is the export format you are having a problem with?

you can specify the filename of the output that you want right? i was just specifying the following values:

Invoice 12345 - General Ledger Summary Report

But its stopping on the Summary part. It wont allow me to enter the word Report anymore. But I am using a valid windows filename. Why cant CRD do the same?

Export format is excel.

Ann

The limitation is specific to Excel and was put in place because excel spreadsheets longer than 50 characters caused "object reference" errors on some user's operating systems. I am sure it will be lifted as soon as we find an alternative reolution to the error.

There has been no change to any other export formats.

You mean it has something to do with the worksheet inside the excel output file? But the name of the sheet inside my excel file is Sheet1. Its not using the filename that I specified. Or did I not understand your statement correctly?

ann

No. You said the excel file name i.e. in the naming tab, the field that says "Customize the ouput filename". If you select this option and type in "myownfilename" then the resulting excel file will be called "myownfilename.xls".

If you want to change the tab name from "sheet1", then you need to click on the "..." to get into excel options. At the bottom of the "General" tab is the "Worksheet name". Here you can enter "MySheet" and the tab wil then be called "MySheet" when you export the file.

There is a 25 character limit on this field.

So two totally different pieces of functionality there.

Okay, got it.

Thanks.

Ann

A build will be released tomorrow which increases the custom report name field from 50 to 100 characters.

spanish french german
italian japanese chinese
  korean  

User Forum

CRD