This forum is for the sole use of CRD users. ChristianSteven Software will not accept any responsibility for the contents.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Can CRD hand a single report running for multiple databases?

We're currently running CRD v4. We have a statistics report that we'd like to run against multiple databases. With other tools, we accomplish this buy setting the location in the report file to dbo.tablename rather than dsn.dbo.tablename and the tools pass along the dsn via an open database connection. I tried doing this with CRD by means of the Provide Database Details panel in the Add Reports dialogue, but it appears that CRD is not using the DSN provided in that panel to override the DSN that Crystal stores in the report file. Consequently, even if I supply a different DSN, my report always runs for the last database the report was run for.

I would like to know if there is a way around this in v4 and, if not, if upgrading to v5 will allow me to target a single report at multiple databases.

Re: Can CRD hand a single report running for multiple databases?

CRD does not override the connection information in the Crystal report.

The simplest way to do this would be to save different versions of your report (each with different dsn information) and write separate schedules for each version.

I would upgrade to CRD 5 anyway as I believe CRD 4 is no longer supported.

Tina,

We have over 50 databases to run two reports against. Creating more than fifty copies of the each report is a maintenance nightmare. And we'll have to do the same for any reports?

We may upgrade to v5 anyway, but for right now v4 does everything we need it to, except allow us to run a single report against multiple databases.

I don't know of a way to achieve what you are trying to do in CRD 5 (which is what I am using). And I was only trying to help (user to user).

You should submit an enhancement request of some form to the CRD team.

spanish french german
italian japanese chinese
  korean  

User Forum

CRD