This forum is for the sole use of CRD users. ChristianSteven Software will not accept any responsibility for the contents.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Upgraded to Crystal Reports 11, Reinstalled CRD

It is not the edition of CRD I am asking, it is the edition of Crystal Reports. Have you installed Crystal Standard, Professional or Developer?

Yes, Crystal Reports Professional, version 11. I've checked for updates. I just installed this version (which is when my problems started, but I need the new version because we no longer have the disk for the old version, and I can't add anything without the disk, which is limiting what I can do in CRD).

As per the CRD pre-Requisites document, CRD does not work with Crystal Professional. It needs the dlls which are in Crystal Developer. The error message you are getting is because it cannot find these dlls.

Once you upgrade to Crystal 11 Developer, CRD will start working again.

I don't know why I didn't notice that before? We were using Crystal Reports Professional 9 (which worked), so I must have just looked at version number, not whether it was Professional vs. Developer. Is there any way around this? Or is it a licensing issue with Crystal Reports?

What is more likely is that you also installed another application which comes bundled with the CR 9 developer dlls. As they were on your PC CRD just went ahead and used them.

You need to have the dlls actually physically on your PC for CRD to be able to interrogate your rpt files.

CRD doesn't come with these dlls so you have to get them yourself by buying and installing Crystal Developer.

spanish french german
italian japanese chinese
  korean  

User Forum

CRD