This forum is for the sole use of CRD users. ChristianSteven Software will not accept any responsibility for the contents.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CRD Terminal Services Logon

Hi,

We currently have CRD setup to run via TS. The user manager is configured for NT users.

The question of the day.

How do you disable the option of switching to CRD Authentication thru TS.

This can be a maintanence nightmare because a user can disable Windows NT authentication.

CRD 6.1 Build - Enterprise Pro Plus
SQL Server 2003
Crystal XI Dev

Re: CRD Terminal Services Logon

Only CRD administrators can get into the User Manager module and gain access to functions like Windows Authentication.

Make sure that only the users you want to have this functionality are set up as administrators and all other users are given some other role.

Hi,

I probably did not explain the issue correctly.

A user that has no authentication within CRD Windows NT nor CRD authentication can change the settings.

Explanation:

CRD automatically has an automatic logon thru TS, if a user logs on to TS that has no rights in CRD, a dialog box displays switch to CRD authentication.

If a user says OK CRD changes all logon information to CRD authentication. Locking Windows NT users out.

This goes for anyone that logon to CRD without authorization not using TS

Unfortunately, authentication can be changed at logon by a user with no role in CRD or access.

I would contact tech support aboutthis if I were you.

FYI

submitted a query to CRD tech support, this is a issue awaiting fix.

thanx for the reply

spanish french german
italian japanese chinese
  korean  

User Forum

CRD