This forum is for the sole use of CRD users. ChristianSteven Software will not accept any responsibility for the contents.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Faxing pages of a single report to various recipients

Hi!

I have read a little bit about CRD, but before I install the trial version, I want to know if it can solve my problem.

We have a CR report which contains transaction data. Transactions are grouped by a customer and each page contains transactions of a single customer. On a page header there is a fax number of the customer.

We print all pages of the report and fax them manually to the customers.

My question is: is it possible with CRD to automatically print each page to a fax driver specifying a fax number where this particular page should go (the fax number should be read from one of the fields on the page header of the report)?

Regards,

Robert

Re: Faxing pages of a single report to various recipients

Currently, CRD does not do this.
However, you can still automate the process as follows:

1. Instead of having a single report with a number of pages - each page belonging to a different customer - you will have to modify your report by adding a parameter that selects a single customer. You can then write a single schedule for each customer, using the same report but changing the parameter value for each schedule. (This is how CRD currently works.

2. Now, sign up for an e-fax account. These are very cheap. I have seen some as low as 1 cent a fax for national numbers.

3. Set up your CRD schedule to export to PDF as an email.

4. Set up the email address to be your efax providor.

5. Put the customer's FAX number in the subject field.

When the schedule runs, it will send an email with a pdf attachment of the report containing that customer's information to your fax providor who will then fax it automatically to the number in subject field.

We have a number of customers who have bene*****d from this method.

Let us know if this helps.

Now that we're in 2005 can CRD accomplish Robert's question?

Yes. You can see full details of what is in the latest version of CRD at http://www.christiansteven.com/EditionFunctionality.htm

spanish french german
italian japanese chinese
  korean  

User Forum

CRD