Return to Website

Rolling Thunder®, Inc. National POW/MIA/VET Forum

Rolling Thunder®, Inc.'s major function is to publicize the POW-MIA issue.  To educate the public of the fact that many American prisoners of war were left behind after all past wars.  To help correct the past and to protect the future veterans from being left behind should they become prisoners of war-missing in action.  We are committed to helping American veterans from all wars! 

Anyone can post to or reply to... past, current or upcoming information, news, topics or events in this forum!

Rolling Thunder®, Inc. National POW/MIA/VET Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Run to the Wall 2005

This was my first time to ride up there and partake in the Ride. i was totally impressed with how well it took place, from planning on down the the ride itself... " JOB WELL DONE ". no one got hurt that i noticed. timing went well... my only complaints is when i left i didn't know how to get out of there and got lost for about an hour... but anyway i made it back to Tennessee....
Once Again. THANKS for a JOB WELL DONE...

Re: Run to the Wall 2005

Same here. At the end of the run, we had no choice but to follow the bikes ahead of us. Unfortunately, either they were lost also or didn't plan on going to the mall as we ended up ???. Anyway, it was well organized and a big thanks to those who managed the Pentagon lot. A couple signs at the end of the route however would have been kind of nice.

Re: Re: Run to the Wall 2005

Rolling Thunder was of course great again this year and there were so many bikes, it took us 5 hours to leave the Pentagon parking lot. Many of us would appreciate it if you could put porta-potties in the South parking lot next year. There were thousands of us without the basic amenities. Many of the riders with us were older, one was an 84 year old veteran, and to ask him to hike 20 minutes to the North parking lot and then 20 minutes back to use a porta-potty seems to be asking quite a lot of the riders. I didn't mind not having food or souvenir vendors, but the lack of restroom facilities made the wait excruciating.

See you next year.

Re: Re: Re: Run to the Wall 2005

i also have a beef about the portapotties. there are not enough around, and when they are full , instead of being replaced with an empty one, or being emptied, they just take the full one away, making them that much more scarce. good planning, i don't think so.
seems like someone has their head up their ass!

Views or opinions in this forum are not necessarily that of Rolling Thunder®, Inc. National