Return to Website

This forum is only for the technical matters. Please use contact in the main site for other topics including business inquiry.Any post other than technical topics may be removed by webmaster without permission. We hope your kind understanding about the the operation policy of the forum.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
La-220?

Since la-100 is updated to la-120, I wondered if there will be a la-220 as well?

Re: La-220?

Hi
Sure we are working on a LA220 upgrade. It will come 3 quarter of 2012. Any inputs are wellcome. Remote control and upgrade are USB are mandatory for this version.

Hi Sören,

I am a (very) happy owner of an LA-200, but I will surely buy and upgrade.

My wish list is
- better power connector
- heavier (sounds stupid but the unit is too light)
- more (digital) inputs
- a bit more power ?

and last but not least...

an apple certified USB input for iDevice docking cable, so I can get rid of my (digital) docking station !

Anyhow, I am eagerly waiting for this new product, and by the way the LA-300 !

Kind regards,
Marc

Hi!
Well Sören! I´ve had the LA 100 right from the beginning, and I really like the sound, it´s crisp, clear and most important of all = the sound is punchy, involving and It´s very easy to listen to (don´t change the sound too much in a future upgrade). The most important upgrade for me would be wireless connectivity. A quality 24-Bit , 192KHz, Wireless connection (like the Audioengine D2 Premium). That would be a future proof upgrade for me.

Thanks, I agree on all issues! But the digital IPOD input is not possible for a small company like us! Apple
is a big company and they request things that small companies are unable to handle ( A high starting fee, a lot of testing on many samples etc).

Hello Sören,

might the new Lightning connector from Apple change the rules here ? My understanding is that there is no more line-out on this new connector, this could imply that all new audio accessories have easy access to the audio in a digital format.

Would be great.

Marc

It is too early to tell. But Apple is a major player ...
Problem with Apple is that normally it is under licence and NDA. And they have to approve it. So it takes time and cost money (a lot).