Return to Website

This forum is only for the technical matters. Please use contact in the main site for other topics including business inquiry.Any post other than technical topics may be removed by webmaster without permission. We hope your kind understanding about the the operation policy of the forum.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Why 96/24 and not 192/24?

HI, just a question about the 96/24 for the new LA-120. I'm not saying that it will make a huge difference or that I actually can hear the difference but I'm curious as to why you've opted for a 96/24 solution rather than the 196/24 that appears to be common for other dacs?

br Jörgen

Re: Why 96/24 and not 192/24?

Hi Jörgen,

192/32 of DAC is under development currently.
The model name is NF(Northern Fidelity) and estimated schedule of launch is around the end of this year or early next year.

Best regards

Simon
Managing director
Lead Audio

Hi SImon,

Thanks for the info. Really interesting info. Since we've just passed new years, maybe you can let us know how you're doing? What will the pricing be like? Have you changed the DAC circuits?

br Jörgen

Hi Jörgen,

Development of NF DAC is smooth.
It will be 192KHz/24bit (sorry for my mistake in my previous post).
Estimated market launch schedule is end of March.
We will introduce detail specification of NF DAC on the homepage in this month with photo.

Another good news is development of NF Amp(Analog) paired with NF DAC. Some very important inventions have made already to get really high fidelity of sound. NF Amp will be introduced in High end 2013 in Munich. Please check Lead Audio homepage from time to time.

Cheers !

Simon

I did not find any information of NF DAC on your web-page or is this the same as LA-120?

Hi Jore,

We will update webpage during this weekend including information about NF DAC. Production of NF DAC will be started in March and delivery to the dealers will be in April for your reference.Please check Lead Audio webpage after this weekend for the detail information about NF DAC.
We are sure that you will like it.(LA-120 and NF DAC are different)

Hi
96/24 is so easy. Just plug and play, no need for special drivers, works on everything.
192/24 needs special drivers.
And there is very little material in 192Khz/24 out there...