Return to Website

This forum is only for the technical matters. Please use contact in the main site for other topics including business inquiry.Any post other than technical topics may be removed by webmaster without permission. We hope your kind understanding about the the operation policy of the forum.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
USB and other digital cable upgrade suitable for LA 100 and 120

Having a LA-100 and planning to buy a 120 C version

I'm interested in
- What USB cable thats recommended/worth using as upgrade (if theres a benefit, this when my source at the moment is a computer.

With Best Regards from

PO

Re: USB and other digital cable upgrade suitable for LA 100 and 120

Hi Per
We try not to recommend cables, because it depends on so many things. The enclosed USB cable is acceptable quality ,but maybe some have a good suggestion for an upgrade?
A good USB cable should have seperate shield from ground and the conductors should be twisted. But all but the cheapest cables are like this.

The LA120C is really worth waiting for!

Re: USB and other digital cable upgrade suitable for LA 100 and 120

According to the test/review below, there should be no audible difference between ordinary (cheap) usb cables and 'audiophile' (expensive) ones, because of the usb protocol. It works or it doesn't.

General speaking (I'm not talking about the LA-100 here): if usb cables sound different, then the dac is not designed well or your are using the bus powering of usb in stead of a dedicated power supply.

You may read more on this article:

http://www.alpha-audio.nl/2011/06/de-usb-kabelmythe/

(It's in Dutch though, so use Google translate if necessary ;))

Cheers!