Return to Website

This forum is only for the technical matters. Please use contact in the main site for other topics including business inquiry.Any post other than technical topics may be removed by webmaster without permission. We hope your kind understanding about the the operation policy of the forum.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LA-120 vs. Lyngdorf CD-1 and Grado SR325 headphones

Hi,

1) Do my Grado work well with L-120? Is the sound quality of headphone amplifier good. Is it better than in LA-100?

2) I have Lyngdorf CD-1. It has
Optical output: Toslink Connector for digital output
AES Output: XLR Connector for AES output.
SPDIF: SPDIF output.

If I connect it with LA-120, is the only choice optical output?

In CD-1 I can choose the sample rate of the digital outputs.
48 kHz (24 bit)
96 kHz (24 bit)(default)
192 kHz (24 bit)

Which would work best with LA-120, and do I get better sound quality with higher sample rate?

Is optical in principle worse than coaxial?

On detail information that I could not find: what is height of LA-120?

Does the answers concern also about LA-120?

Thank you, this is a nice forum.

Re: LA-120 vs. Lyngdorf CD-1 and Grado SR325 headphones

1: The Headphon Amplifier has 2 times more power than the LA100. So it is better for low impedance phones
2: If you use optical , use 96/24 and you get isolation between the CD and the DAC.
With coaxial you will not get it isolated, but many prefer coaxial.

Thanks Søren,

However, what is the height of LA-120?

I understand that LA-120 is better when using Grado SR325 (32ohm), but how sensitive it is generally to phones impedance? Namely some phone amplifiers suffers from when using low impedance phones such as Grados.

The Height is 52mm (width 132mm).
The Headphone amplifier is capable of driving low impedance phones (we doubled the output current in LA120 compared to LA100).
Also it has a direct coupled output (no capacitors), so no low frequency problems here , with low impedance phones!