Return to Website

This forum is only for the technical matters. Please use contact in the main site for other topics including business inquiry.Any post other than technical topics may be removed by webmaster without permission. We hope your kind understanding about the the operation policy of the forum.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MacBook can´t find my LA-100 via USB

I have a MacBook Pro (OSX10.7.7) and I have tried to get my music to my stereo system via a USB-cable (high quality!) to the LA-100 and then to my amplifier. My MacBook just can't find the LA-100. Tested both USB-ports, starting the computer first, starting LA-100 first. What to do?

Re: MacBook can´t find my LA-100 via USB

Please test the LA100 on a windows PC.
LA100 is used on MAC also,so there should be no problem.
If the problem still exist, please consult your dealer .

Re: MacBook can´t find my LA-100 via USB

Hi Rikard,

Here are additional explanations.

(Step 1) LA-100 should work automatically if it is connected with Mac. To check whether product has a problem, please connect it with Windows as Soren guided. If it works with Windows well, we can say product itself is OK.

(Step 2) If LA-100 works with Windows well, please connect USB cable with Mac again and turn off main power of LA-100(Back panel) and then turn on it again. Please check LA-100 works with Mac.

(Step 3) If LA-100 doesn't work with Windows as well, there is a possibility of USB cable problem. Sometimes USB cable doesn't transmit power but transfer signal only. Please try again with other USB cables.

(Step 4) If LA-100 still doesn't work with Windows with other USB cables, it can be a problem of LA-100 itself. In that case, please consult with your dealer for the repairing.