Return to Website

This forum is only for the technical matters. Please use contact in the main site for other topics including business inquiry.Any post other than technical topics may be removed by webmaster without permission. We hope your kind understanding about the the operation policy of the forum.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: NF DAC 384 balanced out

Thanks Soren

The Apple remote works fine and it is the one shown in the link...I am just not sure how it takes over the volume control on the fixed outputs since the volume knob on the DAC does not work on those outputs.

The DAC is not seen by the Sony TV or any of my IOS devices

Hi I would like to know also if the Apple remote can control the volume of the XLR output? Or is the XLR output always fixed, and volume has to be controlled by an additional preamp?

Thanks Darren

Darren Smith
Hi I would like to know also if the Apple remote can control the volume of the XLR output? Or is the XLR output always fixed, and volume has to be controlled by an additional preamp?

Thanks Darren

It can but it is not very useful since it seems to start from Max volume by default...it cannot be adjusted with the external knob, only with the Apple remote...

I see, thanks for the info.

My plan was to connect active speakers straight from the xlr outputs, and I need a way to control the volume via a remote. I can use the variable rca out, but would have preferred to use xlr.

Darren Smith
I see, thanks for the info.

My plan was to connect active speakers straight from the xlr outputs, and I need a way to control the volume via a remote. I can use the variable rca out, but would have preferred to use xlr.

I have the same problem so I have connected my Adam Artist 5s on the variable RCAs

I wonder if a firmware update could rectify this...??