Return to Website

Rolling Thunder®, Inc. National POW/MIA/VET Forum

Rolling Thunder®, Inc.'s major function is to publicize the POW-MIA issue.  To educate the public of the fact that many American prisoners of war were left behind after all past wars.  To help correct the past and to protect the future veterans from being left behind should they become prisoners of war-missing in action.  We are committed to helping American veterans from all wars! 

Anyone can post to or reply to... past, current or upcoming information, news, topics or events in this forum!

Rolling Thunder®, Inc. National POW/MIA/VET Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
To the Ghost of Patton...

since your e-mail is, (figures), bogus. I wouldn't want anyone to know my real e-mail either if I were you.

That was a very entertaining piece of penmanship. Unfortunately this is much too serious of a situation to be reduced to entertainment.

#1: The Iraq War didn't have anything to do with 9-11 or the war on terrorism. No matter how many times it is inferred to be, it just isn't. If anything, the Iraq War has done more to promote and strengthen the ranks of the f***ing terrorists than any single act in recent history. This is a proven fact. If Bush had been honest and stated the obvious that Saddam needed to be taken out for the benefit of the world, (without making up evidence on his own), and then "worked" to build a unifying consensus, this would've been a cake walk.

#2: I happen to think you have a good point on the Islamic angle to all this. But what you are basically talking about is a "Crusade" to eliminate Islam. If you ever studied history you'd know this can't be done. ANY attempt to annihilate a religion has always failed. In fact, it has made it stronger. So what you propose might make some feel better for a while, in the end it could be our doom. Not to mention that it would go against what this country is suppose to stand for. But then again, there are many in this country that couldn't give a **** what this country is SUPPOSE to stand for.

#3: A minor point, but one worth clarifying is your refference to the 6% unemployment rate. The Reich-wing in this country would like you to believe that is what the rate is, and that's that. But when you factor the folks in that have had their unemployment run out and aren't necessarilly using the State employment services to look for work, that figure is about 10-11%.

#4: And another thing General Patton, (for lack of a better way to address you and anyway, I feel it's probably appropriate), most of your ilk are egotistical braggarts that care more for how they are personally percieved than what is best for all. This is how the real Patton was, albeit a great man nonetheless. That is the reason why Eisenhower was given the position of Supreme Commander over the likes of George Patton. To keep people like him from not only destroying us all, but even worse some would say, from doing things that would destroy our reputation in the eyes of the world. For our reputation is why we are a world power, not because we can nuke everyone 50 times over. Of course, in your mind Ike was probably a pansy too.

And finally, #4: I sir am not a pansy-ass liberal, nor a reich-winger. I am an INDEPENDANT. This means I look at all sides and use a brain and my conscience to figure what is right and wrong. I do not lock-step with anyone, nor do I attack them for their personal views. If you wish to support a President that has, is, and is going to lie ever chance he gets in order to fulfill his agenda, be my guest. But a true man will look at the facts, and the facts are that this President has diverted us from the true war on terrorism. Not only has he gotten many of our finest killed and maimed, but he intends to leave them in a detestable state when it's all over by cutting the funding for our Vets in the past and in the future.

Luckily, this election doesn't hinge on the likes of the extremes, right or left. It is upon the Independants like myself that aren't blinded by political affilliation, but by conscience and knowledge of history. You've lost before you've begun.

Views or opinions in this forum are not necessarily that of Rolling Thunder®, Inc. National