Return to Website

Rolling Thunder®, Inc. National POW/MIA/VET Forum

Rolling Thunder®, Inc.'s major function is to publicize the POW-MIA issue.  To educate the public of the fact that many American prisoners of war were left behind after all past wars.  To help correct the past and to protect the future veterans from being left behind should they become prisoners of war-missing in action.  We are committed to helping American veterans from all wars! 

Anyone can post to or reply to... past, current or upcoming information, news, topics or events in this forum!

Rolling Thunder®, Inc. National POW/MIA/VET Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Should Children With Severe Disabilities Be Euthanized?

Well I guess this is kind of a touchy subject for some, but I just thought I should bring it up. Should babies with severe disabilities be euthanized? Keep in mind I'm talking about ones with like missing or deformed body parts, messed up facial features, or serious problems with their immune systems or mental health; the sort of problems that would cripple one for life. This subject was brought to my mind the other day when I went to Dairy Queen, and the girl scooping my ice cream had both hands curled severely inward at an almost 90 degree angle from her forearm. It was amazing that she was even able to scoop ice cream, I was surprised that someone would hire her. So the question arises: should babies born with such terrible disabilites be euthanized?

There would be two major positives in this: #1 that the parents wouldn't have to spend lots of money and time caring for the child, and #2, the child wouldn't have to go through life looking like a reject and restricted from the activities from normal humans. On the other hand, it is taking away a life, and you can never be so sure that a cure won't ever be found, perhaps in the near future.

Did We Forget Our Meds Today???

See that bottle of Thorazine on your nightstand?

Take TWO... You'll feel much better!

Views or opinions in this forum are not necessarily that of Rolling Thunder®, Inc. National