Return to Website

Rolling Thunder®, Inc. National POW/MIA/VET Forum

Rolling Thunder®, Inc.'s major function is to publicize the POW-MIA issue.  To educate the public of the fact that many American prisoners of war were left behind after all past wars.  To help correct the past and to protect the future veterans from being left behind should they become prisoners of war-missing in action.  We are committed to helping American veterans from all wars! 

Anyone can post to or reply to... past, current or upcoming information, news, topics or events in this forum!

Rolling Thunder®, Inc. National POW/MIA/VET Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CRSC Question

Something about this seems very wrong.... I have been receiving Combat Related Special Compensation (CRSC) since the program began a year and a half ago. I get 40% CRSC based on VA's disability compensation rates. I got married last September 18th 2004) and shortly thereafter submitted my change in Dependent Status form to VA (you get paid more at the "with dependents" rates). It took VA seven months before they sent it to DFAS. When DFAS began the increased payment, they did not pay me any back pay for the seven months I waited for processing. I was told by VA that it’s a DFAS issue and DFAS said they don’t pay retro under this circumstance. Why should I be penalized for VA’s administrative backlog? Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Views or opinions in this forum are not necessarily that of Rolling Thunder®, Inc. National