Return to Website

Rolling Thunder®, Inc. National POW/MIA/VET Forum

Rolling Thunder®, Inc.'s major function is to publicize the POW-MIA issue.  To educate the public of the fact that many American prisoners of war were left behind after all past wars.  To help correct the past and to protect the future veterans from being left behind should they become prisoners of war-missing in action.  We are committed to helping American veterans from all wars! 

Anyone can post to or reply to... past, current or upcoming information, news, topics or events in this forum!

Rolling Thunder®, Inc. National POW/MIA/VET Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Last Mile

Good afternoon Warriors of Higher and Lesser Grade I strive to emulate (one way or the other),

This message deserves to be forwarded to all levels of leadership, as this program travels all across the country this will provide the men and women serving our country a "Blanket of Security" as they see thousands of our youth, taking an oath to exhaust all measures to bring home all the service members at the end of the war, and not let their service go in vain by exercising their right as an American to "Voice their opinion, and Vote for all official elections." The kids were given a class on POW/MIA awareness then were given a wrist band, and bio and adopted a POW missing from Iraq. They are writing a letter to the family, and the government consoling the family, and asking for answers and accountability. They learned how to set the table of the forgotten soldier, then were paired up with Veterans, thanked them for their service and walked the "The last Mile" with them. At the end of the walk they circled a POW bamboo cage with a mock American POW in it. They expressed their feelings, and brought him home. I hope this inspires and reassures you that the future of America will not forget. I may not be forward deployed but I can and will make a difference. Semper Fi (may you live out your morals that shall continue the success of our great institution.) If you want a picture of the event email me at tim.chambers@usmc.mil

r/s Motivated SSgt Chambers

Views or opinions in this forum are not necessarily that of Rolling Thunder®, Inc. National