Not the Same Old Done-It-Before Youth Meeting Forum

Leave your feedback and opinions on each month's topics

Not the Same Old Done-It-Before Youth Meeting Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Making a Difference

All we have been hearing about this election year is the need for change. Just about every politician, whether a winnner or loser, called for it. Jesus calls us to take action to make a difference in this world. Three ways he calls us are:
1. Let your Light Shine ...
"You are a light for the whole world ... your light must shine before people, so that they may see the good works you do and praise your father in heaven" (Matt 5: 14-16)
2. Pray ...
"when you pray, go to your room, close the door and pray to your father, who is unseen. And your father, who sees what you do in private, will reward you." (Matt. 6: 5-6)
3. Do not seek Riches; Reach out to the Poor ...
" Do not seek riches for yourself, here on earth ... store up riches for yourself in heaven ... for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also... I was hungry and you fed me, thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you received me into your home ... I was sick and you visited me." (Matt. 6: 19-21, 25: 35-36)

Of these three what can youth, whether individually or as a group, do to most effectively make a difference in this world?

Re: Making a Difference

We pick "Do not seek riches". This doesn't only help ourselves; it helps others too. We are not only worshipping Him; we are carrying out His deeds. We can help by joining cancer walks, food drives and the 30 Hour Famine. These actions will help others, ourselves and our God.

We choose "Do not seek riches". We agree there are more important things in the world than money.We are going to practice this by giving donations to worthy causes, therefore helping needy people around the world.

We choose, "Let your Light Shine". It will have the most impact on people and making a difference because it shows you are somebody and you are setting an example for others. We believe these are words to live by and we want to be role models for others.

Let your Light Shine. We feel this has the most impact. We can volunteer at a nursing home and talk to older people. We could be their friend and help keep them spiritually by talking with them and sharing stories. We also could run errands for older people who live alone.

Re: Re: Making a Difference

Admiral William Halsey once said " There are no great men, only great challenges that ordinary men are forced by circumstances to meet !"