FamilyRiley Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

FamilyRiley Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
moon walk

hi everyone,

we've been quiet for awhile so I thought I'd let you know I am going to do the Moon Walk, Not the Michael Jackson thing, but a marathon length walk overnight through the the streets of london on 19th May. I'm going with a group of friends, most of whom have done it before and they are confident that I can make it. Phew, well that's alright then!

I have 2 main worries, the obvious one that they might be wrong, and the other that we are going to walk in ridiculously decorated bras (its in aid of breast cancer). We had a bra tampering session last night and its looking over the top. At the pace that we will be walking I don't think there will be enough dark hours to hide us. If I make it I will post photos. If I don't I'll leave it up to your imaginations...

Wish me luck

brenda xxx

Re: moon walk

Well Done Bren! I believe you will be able to get through it too so really your only worry should be about bra which I am sure you will wear with pride on the night as it is excellent marketing for the cause. My advice is that you can never NEVER have too many beads!! Maybe you could go as a cat and wear bras all the way down your tummy?

Best of luck, I can't wait to see the pictures. I hope you all raise crazy amounts of cash for this very important charity. xx

Woo!! That's excellent, well done you for even giving it a go!! I was too late for the registration this year but I fully intend on doing it next year so I really hope you do well and remember to try and have fun!

Thankyou my nieces for those words of encouragement.
I'll bear in mind the bead thing, Rache. There was a contingent that wanted to go attractive, even elegant with the decoration. Unfortunately it was the 'make a total **** of yourself' contingent that won out. I'm surprised they didn't think of multiple breasts, maybe next time.....and Kim you might want to join us for that one.

lots of love
Brenda

You are far more creative and artistic than I am. I am sure that you will pull off a stylish look regardless of the 'guidelines'.

Hi Brend,
wow. how brave are you? It's supposed to be a lot of fun, I've a customer that's done it twice. Do you have a sponser page anywhere?
Sorry I didn't get back to you're your invite to your exhibition...bank holiday Friday and all that jazz, time off just didn't happen. I do hope that night and indeed the whole week went well?
Good luck with the moonwalk training/decorating - I'm with Rachel, beads have got to be the way to go.

Brenda, what a hoot. I hope you have a great time with this, you are very brave to do it.
I've never heard of this event, it's good of you to keep us all abreast. (I think that was one of Dad's).
Is there a sponsorship opportunity? I would certainly love to sponsor your walk.
I think photos are definately in order and I'm sure you will do us all proud with your design.
Where abouts in London are you all going to be walking, how many of you will there be, will there be coverage by the press? It all sounds very exciting and yes, it is an excellent cause.
Good luck Bren, I can't wait to hear your story after it's all said and done.

Talk to you soon..
Steve

Wow Fantastic Brenda

Let us have the details for sponsorship!

I remember mum doing it and she really enjoyed the walk, it was really fun seeing all the pictures of everyone dressed up afterwards, I think mum's contingent had matching pink fluffy earrings to go with their decorated bras!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and hope the weather improves.

Emma
xxx

Brenda

How exciting! What could be more adventurous than, in the company of like-minded ladies, with bras prominently visible, rambling through the streets of London, at night. In less enlightened times you might have been viewed either as valiant "ladies of the night" and energetic ."street walkers". Today you will be recognized as healthy walkers, and charitable crusaders. We are all proud of you here.

You must provide photographs. We are definitely in for a donation. I for one will gladly contribute to the cause. Do you have a preassigned site, or would you like to have a sign up page on the family site?

Mike

Best of luck for tomorrow night Brenda!! Be brave, be bold and be bra-tastic. Can't wait to see the pictures. I hope you have fun and a good pedicurist booked for Sunday you deserve it. xx

Hi all

Just returned from a weekend in sunny Clevedon. I saw Brenda and she asked me to thank everyone for their messages, unfortunately it appears her computer has somehow blocked her from looking at the forum so she hasn't been able to respond .

It sounded as though the moonwalk went really well and she has promised some photos.

Emma

xxx