FamilyRiley Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

FamilyRiley Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment

Hello All,
I'm writing to inform the Riley family members who will be travelling to California in July that a trip to the '80s is included, if you care to come along.
The Cat Club in San Francisco holds '1984' every Thursday night. I was planning on forcing Rach, Barry & Mumsy to go on the 12th of July, but for the rest of you, it's optional. Leg warmers, rubber bangles, single gloves, wrap around shades, and creatively gelled hair are encouraged, but not mandatory. I'm sure that mumsy will be more than willing to demonstrate her "Frothing Worm" moves that have delighted us in the past.
All the best to everyone, and we are all looking forward to seeing you!!!!
Sarah

Re: 1984

Forced? I am absolutely all there and back again with my own free will! To be honest it was a main contributor to making the decision to attend this July shin dig thing, yeah sure, seeing family and stuff is well and fun but a trip back to the future - well that is something that simply can't be passed up! I will be dusting off and polishing up on any and all moves made famous from such events as the Club Med Elmes Family Renunion and Susan Elmes Wedding Reception. In the absence of having Matty Boy there I will also be stealing a few of his choice moves (although I may not be asking as many 'ladies' lacking dentures to trip the light fantastic with me). I can't wait! I fully accept this challenge to bust a grove and whole heartedly encourage everyone else to come and drop some of your best moves on us!

Sounds rhythmic. It will be a fun evening!

Mike

This sounds like a perfect outing for a group like ours. We are virually all embarresment proof and dance to the beat of the voices in our heads.Besides that, I know for a fact that there are numerous family members who like to dress up and have little shame when it comes to the public spectacle such endeavors may create. My only question is, what is the age limit in this discoteque, I'm going to hate it when you tell me that Rebecca and Drew are too young to attend because they would be all-in for such an event? If it is an adult environment we will have to come up with alternative entertainment, perhaps I can teach the kids the finer points of skinning their relatives in poker.
Whatever the outcome, we should have a great time when we all get together in a few short weeks. I can't wait.

Alas, Uncle Stevie, it is a 21 and over venue. For this reason we have established a simultaneous poker night at our place which Mike will be hosting. Don't let Drew & Rebecca give up their hopes of busting a move, however, as I imagine the Bastille Day/Housewarming celebrations will offer fresh opportunities. At that point of course, mumsy will have had a chance to hone her smoove mooves. We are all in for a treat I can assure you.
Can't wait to see you!!
Sarah

Sarah, believe me, the chance to see your mum "bustin' moves" is the main reason I'm bringing a video recorder. That's not to say anything remotely mean or condecending (Ellen, if you're reading) because I would never do that with regards to my big sis, I am just excited that we will all have a chance to relive some of the family's finer dancing moments. The whole gathering should reap some very memorable moments and hopefully photos, because they are publishable and ever lasting.
My advice, as always, is for everyone to pack and extra large sense of humor and keep let the good times roll.
Can't wait to see you and all the others.

Lots of love

Stevie