FamilyRiley Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

FamilyRiley Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Resume Services

We are back online. Please feel free to begin positng.

Re: Resume Services

Hi Mike,
Thanks for your work on getting the family site up and running again, and also a great big thank you to Kevin and yourself for all the work you've done over the years taking care of Mom and Dad's affairs.

I have just returned from a bike ride to the grocery store, and later will go for a swim. This is particully enjoyable as it is my first day off since I started full time work at a daycare centre where I am being trained to take over the 15 3 year old's class. As the space assigned for the class is in the middle of the building, and fairly busy with people constantly walking through. Needless to say it will be pretty hard to retain the attention of my little friends. I'm still looking for something else but am delighted with finally getting my foot in the door, work wise. Nice to have some folding stuff comming in.

Steve is well and as busy as ever. He took a couple of days off last weekend and took Becca and five of her friends camping at a lake, towing a boat full of camping gear. Today he is catching up on some sleep.

I look forward to October and seeing everyone.

love and kisses

Ellen

Hi Mike and Ellen and everyone else out there,

Thanks loads for getting this going again Mike. Now I need be only days late (ooops, weeks for you Ell) wishing happy birthdays. I generally remember but am not good at getting it organised so I hum the b'day song to the relevant one on the relevant day, did you hear? I did the same for Kev last week. I must ask him if he noticed.

I'm really glad that you have found some work, though it sounds as if it is more of a stepping stone. Hopefully something more attuned to your talents will come up.

I too am really looking forward to October. So kind of you to forge the way with these big birthdays Mike, not that you have much choice, but you do it so graciously.

Please both, send some positive thoughts over this way for us brits. We are in danger of being washed away here! I know its meant to be a national obsession, talking/complaining about the weather but really, this is too much!

love to you all,
brenda

It's interesting that so many have viewed the latest addition to the Family Riley web site yet so few have seen fit to add comments. Kind of defeats the purpose of using the site for enrgetic exchange between family members don't you all think?
Brenda, sorry to hear about all the rain, I'm sure that makes you all the more excited about the prospects of a trip to sunny California in a few short weeks.
I realize that there's an outside chance that Mikey may read this but I'm interested, (and you can respond to me indiviually on my Email), in ideas for a gift for the old guy come birthday time in October. I'm open to any and all ideas. After all, what do you give the guy who has it all?
I hope this note finds everyone well and receptive to the idea of putting E pen to E paper so that we can kick off a few light hearted, fun filled banterings.
The gauntlet has been thrown down, the rest is up to you.
Looking forward to the gathering, don't forget to pack an extra sense of humor in case you wear out your first one. Just ribbing Mike with countless (and predictable) jokes about old age alone ought to put the old funny bone to a serious test. There are so many other potential opportunities for a few chuckles it boggles the mind. Poor sports and wingers need not apply for this event, so slap a smile on the old lips and let's give Mike a celebration that even he can remember.

I'll see you all soon, lots of love

S W R

Poop, I just spent 10 minutes on a reply that seems to have deleted itself- doh. guess I'll just start again....
It's good to be able to post again, though I'm inclined to agree that the response rate is a tadge poor...come on guys, it doesn't take a minute to type something and then get it lost in the ether!!

Hey El, sounds like you're on the road work wise. It'll be fun I'm sure, and you're bound to meet lots of people through that too. Did you ever do any cooking for that bloke with the mass catering business?
Steve, sounds like you're still working too hard, don't forget to take a break when you can.
Thought I heard you Brend, with that birthday humming stuff, and it's not even my birthday!

We're very much looking forward to October, though I haven't any thoughts on gifty ideas either...but I've been a'thinking on it Dad is getting excited too, especially when I told him about the cosy spot we've (that'll be the royal 'we') picked for him next to Mum.

Anyhow another 10 minutes on and I better get back to real work...see you all soon- no REALLY this time!
Lots of love,
Beth

Re: Stevie Weevie Riley Message

Steve

How right you are about using the site to communicate. You must be happy that your note has already generated communication.

However, I wanted to get back to the group on an issue I picked up on in your note, namely presents. Having everything, at an age when I may not have tome to get through everything, let alone something else, I really do not need any present - other than the company of family and friends.

Meghan did have a suggestion for the event, however, when Sue and I visited her last week. She thought it might be nice to have a limerick competition - with prizes - focused on aging, relationships(s) with older sibling(s), advancing years, etc. I can arrange for some prizes. I am open to comment (on the idea) an suggestions about what the categories ought to be.

Those of you within earshot, let me hear from you.

Mikie

Something along the lines of;

There was an old man named Mike
who never rode on a bike
when asked why that was,
he replied, it's because
the saddle feels too much like a spike

But obviously much better than that.
by the way, can anyone think of a rhyme for Nantucket?

No gift indeed...seriously?

Vis-a-vis limerick -

that's exactly right, when on a bike, you're going to feel rotten, with a sore bottom, if you don't mind that spike!

Only, it should scan as a limerick, and be at least as good as yours.

Seriously - not gifts - only your presence.

Mike

Its good to see the site up and running again. we're very excited about getting together in california. As well as spending time with the family we're looking forward to a bit of dry weather and warm sunshine.
See you soon

Well, there has to be a first time for everything, and I sure don't want to be the last to participate in the banter.

Brenda, I too have a tendency to sing on siblings’ birthdays and anniversaries. I was in a class last Saturday when memory of attending a wedding in California twenty eight years ago flashed through my mind. Happy anniversary Sue and Mike.

Laura and I are looking forward to Thursday when we join the long celebration and it should be a long celebration. After all it has taken 60 years for him to get to this point.

See you all very soon.