FamilyRiley Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

FamilyRiley Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
hiya

Hiya everyone,

just in case there's anyone out there still checking our site I want to say hi.

Seems a long time since we were all (sorry, that should read many of us) in California. It was a really great party and holiday. Thanks to Mike and especially Sue who put so much thought into making it relaxed and fun. Here's to the next one.

On that subject, I mentioned back in October that Alan and I were talking of doing something special for our 25th which will be next May.
We, well Alan actually, had done research into finding a venue in northern France within easy striking distance of Paris airport. However with the way things are now with Alan's surgery and projected recuperation time, I think we may have to postpone proceedings and see how he does in the new year. Perhaps we'll form a new tradition of celebrating the 26th anniversary instead.

We are enjoying very seasonal weather here in the west country, no snow, but lots of thick frost --very atmospheric. Am almost getting in a christmassy mood.
Love to you all,
Brenda xxxxxx

Re: hiya

Any update on Alan?

Hi Bill,

Alan is due to have a bypass operation tomorrow, 30th, at the Bristol Royal Infirmary. He has been at a different bristol hospital for over a month now and is being moved to this one today ready for the operation. He should be in there for a week following the surgery and then home to recuperate which will take up to 3 months.

He has stayed in amazingly good spirits and has used his time very positively, sketching, writing and reading great heavy tomes (? spelling), You know Al, no Agatha Christie for him!

We will be relieved when the hospital visiting is finally over and he can be at home again. He was allowed out for christmas day which was lovely until we had to take him back.

How are you guys doing? And that lovely grandson of yours. Best wishes for the new year. Hugs and kisses to you all,

Brenda xxxxxx

Hey Bren, and Alan
Happy New Year and I'm sorry to hear that surgery was necessary but equally as happy that things went well. My pryers are with you Alan for a speedy recovery. I feel certain that your will power and motivation will get you back on your feet in no time.
It's great that you are getting some technical reading in but surely a little Agatha Christi wouldn't hurt.
I look forward to hearing further thoughts on another reunion and how you decide to stucture celebrating your 25th wedding anniversary. It was a lot of fun getting together in October and Bren, I echo your words of gratitude to Sue and Mike and the efforts put into such a fun and successful week.

It's good of you to keep the Riley site alive, Its disappointing to see the "membership" dropping off.

I hope you all enjoyed a Merry Christmas even though it was a very short gathering with Alan having to go back into the hospital, now let's see if we can't have a prosperous and personally joyous new year.

Please keep us appraised of alans progress and send him our love and thoughts..

Talk to you soon

Steve

So, is Alan home yet? I trust all went well with the bypass.

Dear Bill and Steve
Alan is finally back. He returned home about the time Obama was giving his inaugural (spelling?!)speech so those two optimistic events will forever be linked, in this house anyway.

He is doing very well, we are getting out every day for walks to build up his strength. He has maintained a very positive attitude throughout and I think that will help him make a speedier recovery.

A big thanks to you all out there for your support and good wishes. It has really helped us.

Now, Bill, I want you to sit down if you aren't already as I fear this might come as a bit of a shock to you. The Clocktower pub, around the corner from us has gone out of business, when next you visit there will be no darts games on tap as it were. I know you built up quite a rapport with the various dart playing regulars there so I wanted you to be the first to know.

love
Brenda xxxx

Alan

Glad you are home and on your feet. Sue and I hope that your recovery is indeed speedy. It must be nice to get back in contact with Brenda's cooking.

Mike

Alan, good to have you back with us "sleep in our own bed" types. I hope your recouperation is going as well as it sounds and that your physical health is keeping pace with your obvious strong mental attitude.
The inauguration was indeed an inspirational spectacle was it not. We all hope that President Obama will bring a new approach to the economy and to a great reduction in America's involvement in armed conflict around the world. I think we've all had enough of that.
Keep on getting better, my love to you guys.