FamilyRiley Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

FamilyRiley Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
March 15 Note

Hope all is well with the group. Things have been unseasonably wet and chilly here in the Bay Area. We, the residents, are bearing up reasonably well in spite of the weather.

Meghan set (or more accurately, sailed) off early Sunday morning for the Farallon islands where she will be working for the next 6 to 7 months through the seabird nesting seasons. This stint will be 5 weeks. According to her Sunday email the outbound trip was quite rough, rough enough indeed to cause the first bout of seasickness in her life. I can admit I am glad I was not with her.

We had a mini gathering Sunday night for a grilled chicken dinner. Sarah (sans Mike – who I s Japan), Linda, Jim, Rhys and Ruby joined Sue and me. Appetites seemed good. The dinner, accompanied as it was by a modest amount of wine, generated quiet and dignified conversation about mostly domestic topics, including Ruby’s upcoming (3rd) birthday party, which will be celebrated at Dwight Way on April the 1st – in case any of you are in the area. Rhys continues regular cross country training and according to his father is really quite good. I for one believe he is.

How are things going with the rest of you? I may post some pictures from Meghan’s last stint on the Farallons to give you an idea of the environment. Keep an eye on the photo page of you want the update. Also you can post any photos you would like to share – or you send them to me and I can post them for all to see.

Mike