FamilyRiley Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

FamilyRiley Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Prize Winning Pooch

Greetings and Salutations All.

The site is hotting up now with all these new postings. I spoke to mom on the phone last night and again encouraged her to check it out which I think she will as I have adequately whetted her appetite with the promise of photos of the family including some very good ones of her first born.

You may have guessed from the subject heading of this message that it's really all about Pepe (the cutesiest 'lil puppy there ever did be) and more precisely his new champion dog status. Last Saturday the Cayman Islands held their annual dog show - yes this is a genuine professionally organsied event not something Barry and I threw together in back yard like some doubters insinuated. Pepe was entered into 3 of the 15 catagories; First Time Entries, Best Puppy and Cayman Dog. The competition was stiff but Pepe took 3rd prize in the First Time Entries group (there were over 30 dogs in this heat) and 2nd prize for best Puppy. In addition to his pretty ribbons he also won a couple jumbo bags of dog food which he chose to donate to his friends at the local Humane Society.

I am making it my mission to get some pictures of the little champ posted onto the site so you can all see for yourselves just how cute the little guy is.

xxx Rachel

Re: Prize Winning Pooch + Instructions on Posting Photos

Rachel

Congrats to Pepe. We sensed he was "special" when you introduced him to the group. Wooster cannot wait to get the photo(s) of him. Patches and Blackberry on the other hand .....

Good news on Ellie joining the group. I think she is planning a trip to England real soon (as soon as next week) and intends to get instruction and organize her settings to participate frequently. Steve’s kind gift of a digital camera awaits her in England. We are all looking forward to the pictures of her Luxor adventure.

Instructions on posting photos follow:

Bravenet Web Services Support [Doug - Support Technician] February 28, 2006 07:22:38
Was this reply helpful?
Dear Mdriley00,Yes,

Member [MDRiley00] February 27, 2006 15:44:41
ThanksCan users of the website add their photos directly? Does the webmaster have to be involved? If th webmaster has to be involved, what is the mechanism for users to get their pictures shared by the whole group.Mike

Bravenet Web Services Support [Doug - Support Technician] February 27, 2006 14:48:50
Was this reply helpful?
Dear Mdriley00,1. Login to your account2. Click on photo center3. Click on upload images4. Select your album and the number of images5 Click the browse button
Dear Mdriley00,Yes, the web master would be involved. When someone uploads an image, it goes to a private folder that is not viewable by the public. That is in place to protect you from inappropriate images getting uploaded. If you then want the image to be viewable to the public, you will need to login to your account and move the image to a public folder.

Member [MDRiley00]

Re: Prize Winning Pooch

Rachel and Barry, what proud parents you must both be, a champion indeed.
Congrats on Pepe's fine showing and I'm very glad to hear that things are going well for you. I know island life is not all the life of luxury many assume it to be so more power to you both for giving it another go.
I'll be eyeing the site daily in hopes to catch a glimpse of this famous Caribbean poochie.
Take care.

Steve

HI Rachel and Barry,
it sounds like you guys have really settled in well, and I can't wait to see photos of Pepe. You've really bigged him up, so he better be super cute!!
We'd love to come and visit sometime too if that's possible? Ellen comes first though, maybe in June.
Take care, looking forward to your next installment,
Beth xx

awww, I want a puppy... can I get a puppy mum?!

Speaking of Ellen, do we know if she got her special post from mum before she left and it melted

hi you three exceptional beings. I,ve finally seen the family websight. wonderful! Pepe looks like an almost adequate substitute for a real pet. I know what it is like moving to a foreign land. You have to make do, improvise with what,s available. I'm also going to have to make do in Luxor, but at least I 'll have the head start of starting out with the ,quite frankly, superior feline variety of creature. Knowing you, you will make the best of things. the prize ribbons must be a bit of consolation.

Take care of each other.

love from Mummykins xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

wow,
Things are really hotting up on the old feline versus canine thing. As a non pet owner I never knew these things could get so competitive! Silly, silly me.

We here in Clevedon are very proud to be related to PWPepe and I take every opportunity to tell people about him.

take real good care of him and each other,
love brenda