FamilyRiley Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

FamilyRiley Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Boat Trip to the Farallones

This week I accompanied Meghan to the Farallones after her two weeks of shore leave. The islands are about 30 mile off the Golden Gate, and the islands are supplied with provisions and supplies every two weeks via a volunteer network of boats. Meghan and I shopped for food supplies on Friday, and loaded them onto the volunteer sail boat early Saturday morning for the sail out to the island.

It was a 5½ hour trip on the way out, and very choppy. The return was about 5 hours due to light wind and an ebb tide going into the Bay. It was pretty cold, due to the fog. I had about 45 minutes on the island with Meghan. Those 45 minutes made the trip wholly worthwhile.

You can see pictures of the trip and the island on the website Riley Snap Shots page, on the Boat Trip to the Farallones page.

Mike

Re: Boat Trip to the Farallones

Hey, Fa. I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed those pictures from the Farallones. Those are some pretty adorable creatures that Meghan shares the island with. Thanks so much for taking the pictures and posting them so quickly. They are lovely.

Erin

Great to hear that you enjoyed the pictures. Did you have time to take a glimpse at work?

Nice talking to you yesterday. Look after your Mom when she come to visit in a week or so. You guys always have fun together.

SOG

Hi Mike,
the photos are great and the talk of the boat journey out there bring back great memories of our fishing trip last summer with all you boys. Even allowing for the 10 hours of extreme queasniess it was worth every minute (and I think you will agree that that's a hell of a lot of minutes of extreme q, that's how much I enjoyed it!)
Love Brenda