FamilyRiley Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

FamilyRiley Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How is Everyone

Hi Everybody

It has been a while since the last posting so I thought I would drop a quick message to find out how every one is doing.

Beth - any developments on the picture posting from your Red Sea trip? I have been looking forward to seeing more of Moms' backyard and the sea creatures of the Red Sea. How was the diving there? I dare say it was a tad bit warmer than Oban and the Scottish waters you sometimes dive.

Kim - I was inspired by your tofu questions and helpful tips received to the point of making a most yummy stir fry. I couldn't get the type of tofu recommended but did find one in the fridge department of the store which worked nicely. I have not barbequed it yet but will definately be trying out.

Emma - Have you signed up for any more extreme sports? I did a kayak tour recently to visit bio-luminous water - this may not sound extreme but I can assure you it felt it when the tide was against us on the way back and Barry and I seemed neither capable of steering or indeed moving forward at all (it was a 2 person kayak)! We ended up having to get towed by the instructor for a little bit until we left the choppy waters, it was most embarassing and highly amusing all at once!

Unfortunately my work day clock has begun so I must sign off for now. Looking forward to hearing any news from you all.

xxx Rachel

Re: How is Everyone

Hello!

I am good thanks, no further experiments with tofu yet, I've moved onto trying to perfect risotto, I've been trying to lift tips from Hells Kitchen USA which I'm completely addicted to! That kayaking trip souds like it was great fun!! I'm eager to try white water rafting, I still cant figure out how it is safe in any way shape or form!

Hi

Everything is going well and no I haven't signed up for any more extreme sports although I tried white water rafting when I was out in New York and it was great fun. Scott also did some earlier this year up in north Wales so I'm sure you'll enjoy it Kim!

Mum and I just got back from a lovely week in Italy, we stayed in Lucca (as recommended by Mike ) and it was absolutely beautiful, already thinking when I can plan a return trip.

Good to hear from you

Emma

Hey Rachel, glad to hear you and Barry are still enjoying the Caymens! I'd love to do white water rafting too, I was thinking of maybe the French Alps...in the Spring of course when the snows are melting.
I'm still working on my Red Sea Photos- I took 589,and they are all underwater ones! Don't worry I'm only going to print a fraction, and I'll post a few on the web site too. My favourite part of the trip, (besides meeting up with Ellen of course) was snorkelling with dolphins. Wow, it was spectacular, and very special.
So hope all is going well with everyone;
Mike and Sue, how's the build going?
Ellen, how did your visit with Adele go?
Kev, did you survive ok on your own for a week? (and get the decorating finished?)
Steve, how's the big buy-out coming on?
Scott, hope you're feeling much better now?
Kimberly, whens the white water rafting? I want to come too.
Kerrie, are you keeping up with your studies in between bar crawls?
Sorry, enough questions for now, I'll wait with baited breath for any answers!
Maybe I should have made this an origional, rather than a reply...mmmm, we'll see.
Speak soon, take care everyone,
Beth