FamilyRiley Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

FamilyRiley Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hi everyone!!

Hi all,
just a note to say I replied to Rachels note, and it turned into a bit of a question and answer session....so check it out!
beth xx

Re: Hi everyone!!

Hi everbody,
At long last, word from Egypt. After ten months in my new home, I am finally on Egyptian time. This is much like Mexican time. Any plans made are loose and flexible, which makes life interesting.
I have stopped thinking in Western time where life is dictated by the clock and enjoy the relaxed (non-)routine.
At the moment I have staying with me my good friends Adele Wagstaff (who was also my Art teacher) and her lovely husband Mike. They are ideal guests and promised to come back soon. They are very welcome any time. Adele has been cracking the whip and ensuring that I do a lot of drawing and painting whilst she is here. Mike has been busy sorting my computer and patiently teaching me how to use some of it. It is thanks to him that you are reading this.

I am doing quite a lot of landscape painting. I won't pretend that I have had a great deal of success as yet in making a living from my art work, but the potential is certainly here. I am having fun exploring my work opportunities, also fun meeting many warm and friendly Egyptians. I have also met a number of Briish people resident here. Always nice to speak your own language and be understood. I am taking Arabic language lessons from a charming young lady who is very patient as it will take me a while to communicate with ease instead of in English and 'Mimes'.

Visitors are always welcome by myself, Tommy, Sandy, Jack and Eddy (formally stroppy but now known as 'Edward-Scissor-Claws'). I will close now in the hope that I will be able to send this for you to read.

Love from Ellen.
xxxxx

Re: Hi everyone!!

Ellie

Nice to hear from you. Are you able to easily get to this website? We would love to see some photos of your new home and environment. Any chance of taking some digital shots and sending them to the site to be posted?

Hope you and your cats are having a great time!

Mike