FamilyRiley Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

FamilyRiley Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A new year, a new opportunity

Happy New Year everyone, I hope you all have the best of everything this year and that fortune smiles on you in all that you do.
I wanted to take a moment to thank you all for your words of encouragement and well wishing. In some cases there was mention of being remembered in your prayers, I certainly appreciate that also. I am happy to announce that all of this support and good karma has paid off and I have accepted a new position, effective January 22. I am out of the crab business and have moved into a multi-unit management position with a private company that operates English pubs. Yes, I have gone into the pub and night club business.
These guys are based out of Houston and the job will ensure that I do not have to move out of my house or relocate away from the kids here in Houston. I will continue to travel 50% of the time, ironically to the Dallas market, but will have an office in Houston. The company operates 16 pubs/restaurants in three states and is expanding by two or three new units a year but are also looking at the potential to aquire another small company to facilitate faster growth.
I feel that the long term outlook is very good and more importantly I have finally broken away from the "evil Joe's Crab Shack empire".
I am looking forward to the change and hope to get settled into the new routine very soon.
I will keep you all posted on how things are going as I get further into it all.
I am currently spending a few days with Mike, Sue, Sarah, Mike, Jim and Linda out in the Bay area before returning to work. We all went by Mom's cemetary marker this morning to pay our respects and socialize for a short time, I can report that all are doing well.
Drew will be coming out from Houston on Wednesday to join me for a few days, he turned 19 years old today and I wanted to do someting nice for him for his birthday. Rebecca is disappointed she can't join us but she is back in school and that takes priority.
So there's the Steve update for now, thanks again for all the great support and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

All my love

Steve

Re: A new year, a new opportunity

A Pub??!!? But we LOVE pubs!! Things couldn't look any brighter! Super big congatulations Steve, I can't hardly wait to sup my first pint in one of your humble establishments. xxx

Hey Steve that's brilliant.
We will celebrate on your behalf by checking out the competition in the form of our local english pubs (which we can even do legally as a family now that Mark is 18).
Lots of love Brenda

Hey that's brilliant!!!!! Does that mean you get to come over and visit us for "market research"?!
Congratulations and all the best for the new year!

Exciting news indeed Steve, and Pubs eh? Let me know if you need any barstaff!!
I'm sure your new employers will realize quickly what a huge asset you'll be to their company, if they haven't already of course.
Take care and keep in touch,
lot's of love,
Beth