FamilyRiley Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

FamilyRiley Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
help with posting photos

Help. I must get up to speed. What do I have to do to post photos on the forum???

I've got a few from a recent trip to scotland - wlaking and camping in the mountains, a bit of snow etc.

Re: help with posting photos

Hi Kev, sorry, haven't been checking the forum as I should! Has anyone given you some tips of photo posting yet??
You have to click on the Riley Snap Shots lable and then just follow the directions on offer. I haven't done it for a while, so I can't remember how it goes off the top of my head. I've finally got some of dad on christmas day that people might like to see....
anyway, will speak soon, lots of love Beth

Kevin, Beth

I have to post photos from contributors to the open website. I do not like it very much, but I am the webmaster here.

If you post the photos and send me an email letting me know they are on the site, I will go in and post them to a "public" folder (one which we all can see). When you send them to the site, they go to a "private" folder. The webmaster (that unhappily is me) has to move the photos from the private folder (which the webmaster, and only the webmaster can see) to a public folder, where all can celebrate the images.

Hope that is clear. I will go in an look to see if your photos arrived.

Mike

Kevin

I looked at the photo section of the site, and there were no pictures from you in the private files. You should be able to post by following the instructions below: Below is the procedure for posting photos as laid out by Bravenet (our hosting organization):

1. Login to the site
2. Click on photo center
3. Click on upload images
4. Select your album and the number of images
5 Click the browse button

The web master would be involved. When someone uploads an image, it goes to a private folder that is not viewable by the public. That is in place to protect you from inappropriate images getting uploaded. If you then want the image to be viewable to the public, you will need to login to your account and move the image to a public folder.

Does this help?

Mike

thanks Mike,
that will help me. I have no photos for posting at the moment, but have not really understood the process and was too shy to ask!! So thankyou also to Kev for putting your hand up first.
On the subject of your role as 'Webmaster', the title has a certain gravitas, and its a lot more flattering than some of the other things we call you. More importantly, I really appreciate that you do co-ordinate this all for us, so thanks lots.

love Brenda

Gravitas, eh? I seem to recall that that was what Mr. Cheney was to have brought to our administration. Not sure I could reproduce his level of competence or grace.

No, the more appropriate descriptor of a webmaster is "nerd", which is, no doubt, also more flattering than many of the handles hung on me.

Mike

Does the title webmaster come with its own cape and exterior underpants?

Unhappily no cape ... no external underpants. I do however have a pair of glasses with tape covering the bridge, and, when I am feeling really perky, I use a pocket protector for my pens.

Mike the wm