Naveen Andrews Fan Forum for NaveenAndrews.org
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
From Shortlist Naveen finished shooting Lost

Short List
Published: Saturday, November 10, 2007

'Lost' has a plan
Is an unresolved half-season of "Lost" better than no "Lost" at all?

ABC apparently thinks so. The network is - for the moment, anyway - holding to its plan to introduce the fourth season of "Lost" in February, Broadcasting & Cable reports. The decision stands in contrast to Fox's strategy for "24" - rather than airing episodes produced prior to the writers' strike, Fox has put the show on hold until production starts again and it can air a full, unbroken season.

"Lost," co-starring Naveen Andrews (above), has finished shooting eight of its 16 episodes this season.

Shannon, please, explain to me how I can paste stuff with pictures, because I am not sure about how this board works

Re: From Shortlist Naveen finished shooting Lost

Hi Lizz! Sorry for the problems with posting photos.

What you have to do to post a photo is use html. It's exactly like if you want to post a picture on a Myspace page. You type out the html code of where the picture is exactly like you do to add a graphic or picture to your myspace page.

If you need an example please just let me know and I can e-mail it to you!

Thanks for posting this article!

John's study of Indian auteur, Mira Nair, director of Salaam Bombay!, Monsoon Wedding and Vanity Fair. The book features interviews with Naveen Andrews, Gena Rowlands, Roshan Seth, Sooni Taraporevala and much more.

MERCY IN HER EYES
The Films of Mira Nair
Series: Applause Books
Publisher: Applause Books
Medium: Softcover

Author: John Kenneth Muir

“I want my films to explode with life.” –Mira Nair. This the first book to examine the films of the acclaimed and popular Indian-born and Harvard educated filmmaker, Mira Nair. A unique voice in cinema today, she is one of the few female directors who made it to the top of a male-dominated profession. Her films feature an incomparably sensuous visual style yet at the same time often record the injustice of the disenfranchised and the cross-pollination of East and West. Her twin themes of realism and romance make for dazzling cinema.

John Kenneth Muir analyzes all of Nair's work, including:

• Salaam Bombay! (1988), the groundbreaking story of a young boy abandoned by his family on the streets of Bombay.

• Mississippi Masala (1991), an interracial small town romance between an Indian woman (Sarita Choudhury) and an African American businessman (Denzel Washington).

• Monsoon Wedding (2001), featuring a Bollywood carnival atmosphere, one of the most successful foreign films ever released in the United States.

• Hysterical Blindness (2002), the HBO film featuring Uma Thurman and Juliette Lewis, looking for love in all the wrong places.

• The big-budget Hollywood adaptation of the Thackery novel Vanity Fair (2004), starring Reese Witherspoon, Gabriel Byrne, and Eileen Atkins.

$17.95 (US)
Inventory # HL 00314700
ISBN: 1557836493
UPC: 73999671889
Width: 6
Length: 9
Pages: 352

Includes interview with Naveen Andrews.

That would be wonderful, Shannon, because html and links/urls are my worst enemies on internet. ;)

Thanks for posting that Lizz!

I will e-mail you right now with the info on how to post pictures!

Shannon