Return to Website

Elvenwork Forum

This forum has been a way to provide a public exchange of questions and answers for polymer clay sculptors. But, as I said in my final post, there comes a time when all things must end. That doesn't mean the forum used as an archive has nothing to offer. Indeed it is still loaded with questions and answers that remain relevant and which are searchable! For that reason, I'm keeping it available, though no new posts can be added. If after searching the forum your question isn't addressed, Join me on Facebook.com to ask it. As always, you'll find me there as Katherine Dewey. Hope to see you there. --  Katherine

Elvenwork Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
processor/chopper/blender/liquidiser/mincer/grinder

which can be used for conditioning hard/crumbly polymer clay? how strong does the motor have to be? i haven't found one cheap so i don't want to buy a new one only to find that it is not suitable for the job.

thanks

Re: processor/chopper/blender/liquidiser/mincer/grinder

A small chopper will do fine provided the clay is simply old and has not been heated in some way (left on a UPS truck in mid summer, for example). You will probably have to add a drop or two of diluent (most often labled liquid clay conditioner or clay softener). In a pinch, a drop of mineral oil will suffice, though diluent is your best solution.
Hope this helps,
Katherine

Re: processor/chopper/blender/liquidiser/mincer/grinder

thanks
i now have to decide which one to get .... the ones mentioned as being good (sunbeam and black&decker) are not available in europe where i am..