Return to Website

Elvenwork Forum

This forum has been a way to provide a public exchange of questions and answers for polymer clay sculptors. But, as I said in my final post, there comes a time when all things must end. That doesn't mean the forum used as an archive has nothing to offer. Indeed it is still loaded with questions and answers that remain relevant and which are searchable! For that reason, I'm keeping it available, though no new posts can be added. If after searching the forum your question isn't addressed, Join me on Facebook.com to ask it. As always, you'll find me there as Katherine Dewey. Hope to see you there. --  Katherine

Elvenwork Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
RE: Scale

Hi all

I watched a dvd where the artist sculpted a live model. He took her measurements and then divided them all by 4 to get the scale he was working in. The finished sculpt was I think he said 2 foot tall.
Can someone explain to be what scale this is eg 1/6 or 1/4 etc. I'm a bit lost on the maths.

Thanks
Tina

Scale is the size of a object (sculpture) compared to the lifesized object it represents. A sculpture that is 1/1 scale, also stated as 1:1, is life sized. 1:4 scale (often called Premium Scale) is 1/4th life sized. Doing the math is a matter of simple fractions. Here's a link to post that explains how to do just that, and a few other tricks you might like:
http://pub18.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=1505510207&frmid=22&msgid=1580464&cmd=show
Hope this helps,
Katherine

Thanks Katherine,

Tina