Return to Website

Elvenwork Forum

This forum has been a way to provide a public exchange of questions and answers for polymer clay sculptors. But, as I said in my final post, there comes a time when all things must end. That doesn't mean the forum used as an archive has nothing to offer. Indeed it is still loaded with questions and answers that remain relevant and which are searchable! For that reason, I'm keeping it available, though no new posts can be added. If after searching the forum your question isn't addressed, Join me on Facebook.com to ask it. As always, you'll find me there as Katherine Dewey. Hope to see you there. --  Katherine

Forum: Elvenwork Forum
This forum is locked and posting is not allowed
Author
Comment
Can`t it be done with a ice skate girl , there is some problems

Hi

A ice skate princess i want to try to sculpt . I now it is very difficult and it will take me very long time to made a figure, either in Polymer or in Premix. On the web I have found a place, where I can buy mini - skate blades in metal to a tall figure , so it shall be premix. The leg shall be strengthen with bras rod. I hope there can be a little place on the skate-boot self. Where I can place the bras rod.

But , when all come to all, perhaps it will show it not let is to do – but now I will investigate it.
I have found a iceskate lady on the web

http://artistanddreamer.com/id1.html

If I use polymer, the mini metal ice skate is to big, so i shall try another WAY to sculpt skate.

I have look on a local skate club home site , with many beautiful picture of skate girls in many different poses, there can be used. The biggest problem is the brass rod between the skate-boot and the base.
If there is some of you there have try to sculpt a ice skate figure or now some homepage with ice- girl or boy in polymere or another clay I hope you will write a little about it ?

1,50” miniature Ice skate blades for dolls or teddies,
World´s skating Capital Colorado Springe United States.

Kisser

Email  
Re: Can`t it be done with a ice skate girl , there is some problems

Hi,
First of all, size is not an issue; simply scale to sculpture to suit the blade. That's provided you want to use the pre-made blade rather than sculpt your own out of epoxy on the armature rod.

Attaching pre-made skate blades to the figure andthe base poses problems. It's important that the figure stands securely and that the armature is not visible. It, the armature rod, has to be hidden in the skate blade. This means, tooling, drilling or carving a hole and groove in the pre-made blade so that the rod can be attached and concealed with epoxy. It may prove a difficult task, but not an impossible one, provided the blade material can be tooled. Having extra skate blades on hand would be helpful as you explore the best method for altering the blade.

Whether you use pre-made blades or sculpt your own, you will need epoxy. That's the key ingredient for a strong sculpture.

Hope this helps,
Katherine

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Online Photo Albums   Email Forms   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Hosting