Return to Website

Elvenwork Forum

This forum has been a way to provide a public exchange of questions and answers for polymer clay sculptors. But, as I said in my final post, there comes a time when all things must end. That doesn't mean the forum used as an archive has nothing to offer. Indeed it is still loaded with questions and answers that remain relevant and which are searchable! For that reason, I'm keeping it available, though no new posts can be added. If after searching the forum your question isn't addressed, Join me on Facebook.com to ask it. As always, you'll find me there as Katherine Dewey. Hope to see you there. --  Katherine

Forum: Elvenwork Forum
This forum is locked and posting is not allowed
Author
Comment
Criticism Please

I would love it if some of the wonderful artists on the forum would comment on my sculpture. It is my best so far-I do own Creating Life Like Figures, and since whenever I follow directions it ends in disaster, I use the book for tips. I have learned more from this book than from any other sculpting how to. I know I need to improve on hands, but what else should I be working on? Thanks in advance. She is hand painted with acrylics and I use Super Sculpy. She is princess Katherine of France.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_5RR2lTCHKq8/TMXsAdWKfdI/AAAAAAAAACM/LE4xrTefjJ8/s320/100_0115.jpg
~Lindsey

Email  
Re: Criticism Please

This is a complex figure, and, for a beginning sculptor, an excellent effort. I think the eyes could be set a bit deeper, but, all in all, you should be very pleased. The gown is wonderful.
Katherine

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_5RR2lTCHKq8/TMXsAdWKfdI/AAAAAAAAACM/LE4xrTefjJ8/s320/100_0115.jpg~Lindsey

Thanks, Katherine. I must admit, I like painting the sculpture, especially the clothing, more than the actual sculpting sometimes. I do have some issues with setting the eyes, because I sculpt them in the face-they would probably turn out better if I had the patience to make eyes according to your book.
I am not much of an artist, but I am hoping to sell some of my work locally at art fairs. I am the only person that I know of who sculpts in polymer clay in my area, so it should be interesting to see how people react to my little figures.
Thanks for all the great information you put out there, it is so useful for newbies like me.

~Lindsey

Email  

Lindsey,

Ditto, great sculpt for your first. Just keep sculpting and with each one you will learn something new.

Email  

Katheryne of France.
I think she's great! Tip. After she's done, spray her until soaked with Niagra Spray Starch. Then adjust the folds of the wet dress or any other clothing to suitable shape and drape. Let dry overnight.
The clothing will not be board stuff, but will hold it's shape through much handling and display venues.
This is a James Carrington tip, it WORKS!
If you want to readjust, just spray it again.
Judie, Port Orange, FL
BTW, this works well for curtains, bed spreads etc in miniature.

Email  

Thanks for the tip, Judie. Right now I just make the dresses out of clay, but I have been thinking of using fabric sometime too. Maybe that would give me some incentive to work on my sewing skills.

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Counters & Site Stats   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Tools